And the Bowl Is...?

And the Bowl Is...?

5
And the Bowl Is...?
Georgia Southern

Georgia Southern is going to their first bowl ever. They will be participating in the GoDaddy Bowl at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Alabama on December 23rd. The game is at 8:00 P.M. on ESPN. Their opponent will be Bowling Green State University from Bowling Green, Ohio. The Falcons are from the Mid-American Conference.

The Falcons have an impressive resume. They are 10-3 and coming off a victory Northern Illinois where they won the Mid-American Conference title. They have wins over power 5 teams Maryland and Purdue. They also barely lost to a talented Memphis Tigers team who beat Ole Miss earlier this year. The Falcons also boast a talented offense. They score 43.4 points per game on average. They have a trio of highly talented players on offense that makes them a prominent offense. Their Quarterback, Matt Johnson, has thrown for 47 touchdowns this year and has passed for 4,700 yards. Their best Wide Receiver, Roger Lewis, has 15 touchdowns receiving and 1,476 yards receiving. Their Running Back, Travis Greene, has 14 rushing touchdowns on the season and has run 1,219 yards this season. This trio will be tough for Georgia Southern to handle.

Georgia Southern will have to bring their A game if they want to take down the Falcons. They will have to play better than their last game where they lost 34-7 to their rivals from Atlanta, Georgia State. The Eagles will have about two and a half weeks to prepare so they should be read to play. The Eagles defense has played relatively well this season but offense has come up short in some games. The offense will have to show up if they are going to be able to compete with Bowling Green’s prolific offense.

The game should be filled with a ton of scoring. Both teams will want to finish their seasons on a high note. Be sure to tune in on December 23rd at 8:00 P.M. on ESPN to watch the game.