An Open Letter To Everyone

An Open Letter To Everyone

I hope you never forget how loved you are

7
An Open Letter To Everyone
Brooke-Adrienne Bethancourt

Dear Love,

I wish right now that I could take every ounce of weight off of your shoulders. I wish I could be there to tell you about how much you mean to me, or about how much you mean to everyone. Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are when your eyes light up when you smile? How your hair looks great today, really…? Have you told yourself something positive today? Just in case you haven’t, let me.

You are amazing. You used your energy and strength today to wake up and be productive. You are a living, breathing person, and that’s beautiful. Your heart is so big it’s practically bursting out of your chest with every anticipated beat. Your creativity sends you to new heights and the way you speak builds up words into poetry. Your laugh is sweeter than song written by anyone about lust or crushes, about opinions or the pressures of others.

Don’t surrender to the common belief that you are worth less than what they want you to think you are. Little comments that jab at you, sentence insults that trip you as you try to walk and keep your head head heigh when on the inside you feel like crying aren’t worth a fragment of the splendor of a simple “hello” from you. The simple minds that spit harsh words at your pretty face don’t have control over your inner beauty and your heart of gold.

You don’t need any medicine to squander your passions. No shots of negativity to flow through your bloodstream, no electric shock waves of self-disrespect to cloud your brain with the fog of doubt and insecurity. Your own biological beauty centers around the veins that run with hope and purity, branching out like roots of your own personal growth in light and love.

Your soul can hardly help shining through the layers of worries that you’ve surrounded yourself with based on the insignificant opinions of those other than God and your own beautiful self.

These things that worry you today? They don’t matter. Your life is a single, beautiful gift that belongs to you, for you to have and grow in according to the will of the one who made you in His image. The beauty in this is that you have to make the conscious choice to choose that light and love every day. It’s not very easy, but you are so strong. You hold on to the gifts of your blessings like you should, and you keep trekking up the mountain on the journey you began when you took your first step. The things you know you need and the things you long for to get the most out of this life keep you going, as they should. Hold on to these things and keep the faith. The beauty of the fight, of the constant journey will keep you going for as long as you believe in yourself. And, when you falter or slip out of the recognition of your own wonder ours existence, I am here. I believe in you, I admire you, and I can see the light of your beautiful soul every time you smile at me.

Never give up, you’re worth so very much.

Yours,

Brooke-Adrienne