An Open Letter To Those Living Scared

An Open Letter To Those Living Scared

There is still plenty of hope and love in this world.

4
An Open Letter To Those Living Scared
Tumblr

We all-- to some extent-- are aware with what is happening in the world regarding terrorism. If you use a phone or TV, you are fully aware that the world is a scary place, right now especially. People feel the need to be a part of something bigger than themselves regardless of whether or not that means hurting innocent civilians. It's hard for me to read and listen to everything that is going on because we all wish we could stop it. We all wish there was a possibility to keep these people from doing harmful things and to talk some sense into them, whether they be mentally unstable or not. We all are taking all the terror in and wishing that everyone could just feel safe. No one wants to be scared to walk down the street or go to a public place. Life isn't meant to be lived scared.

It's a good thing to be cautious and think about the decisions we make, but we cannot let these people doing bad keep up from living our lives. You and I both know that bad things happen in this world and we can only do so much about that, but now is one of those times where showing a little more love will go a long way. People handle difficult times like this differently, especially when it's personal in some way, but we all can learn from it. The world is never going to be a perfectly happy place. There are billions of people out there and there is always going to be people who choose to make terrible decisions. This generation has had to endure many tragedies, but eventually enough people will push for change and things will get better. Terrorism will someday be more under control, violence will drop, and law enforcement will be protecting communities without death.

With all that said, I want to encourage anyone who reads this to live a little more mindfully. When you are going about your normal day, show a little extra love to people, even strangers. We all are in the same boat when it comes to living in a place that doesn't feel as safe as it did before. Stay informed and aware of the terror taking place all over the world but don't let it consume you. Reading every last detail and following all these stories constantly can really start to get to you. Send those people some thoughts and prayers but keep living your own happy life. Keep dreaming big and doing the things you love. Because with a lot of change, eventually everything will find a balance again and we can't keep trying until it does. Peace will be restored and the world will be surrounded with a lot more love soon. Until then, keep hoping and helping.