An Open Letter To Those Afraid Of Diversity

Take a look around, diversity is not evil.

17
CLA Auburn

To start off, I want to say, "I'm sorry."

I'm sorry for ever offending you for living my life the way I want to. I'm sorry that my happiness and the happiness of others like mecauses you to feel scared; scared of change and scared of the joy of other people.

I'm sorry that my own life and the way I choose to live impacts yours in such a negative way. I also want to say that I feel sad for you.

Look around.

Do you see how amazing this world we live in is? Your ignorance to accept a multitude of different people results in your missing out on so many amazing parts of this world. I'm sorry that your ability to think with a one-minded aspect limits your view of our precious and spectacular planet. I hope that someday you will be able to join all of us in the happiness spreading throughout it.

Diversity is not evil, nor scary. Diversity allows people to find new ideas, think "outside-the-box," and increase our mind's picture on the entirety of life. I'm sorry that my ability to accept and love every person and give each single individual the respect they deserve makes you feel cornered with nowhere to run. This is not my intention. My intention is to help you realize that everyone deserves the equal right to live life and feel happiness, regardless of what path they choose to venture or what life they were destined to live.

I want you to know that when you're ready to join us, I will be here waiting with an open heart and outstretched arms. Until then, enjoy the wall you've built around your mind. I, along with millions of others, will run free and continue to expand our love for this ever changing world.

With love,

Me.