An Open Letter To The Guy Who Will Love Me Next

517

Here are a few things you need to know about me.

I don't open up easily. I have a guard up around my heart simply because I've been hurt so much in the past. It's not something that is easily forgettable. However, when I trust you, I will open up completely. I will never hold back. I have a brain that doesn't process things before they're said and a tongue that's hard to control.

I will test your patience. I'll make you mad, but 5 minutes later I'll be begging you to come back and cuddle with me. Sometimes, I'll intentionally do things just to see how you'll react, but when I do, just tell me to stop and hug me.

I'm a crier. I cry a lot. Over big things, over little things, over things that are out of my control. Over anything. But know, I won't cry around just anyone. I'll hide myself in that vulnerable state. So if I cry to you, it's me confiding in you. Sometimes, all I need is a hug and to be told everything is going to be okay.

A lot of females like to be spoiled with expensive gifts and dates, but me, just get us a pizza and cuddle me while we watch Netflix all night and I'll be the happiest girl in the world. It doesn't take a lot to win me over. I like to be shown off. I like when you post random pictures of me or of us on social media with a sappy caption. It's the little things.

The more I'm around you, the more comfortable I will become. With that being said, my voice will get louder, my personality will get bigger, my opinion will widen. You'll see me more often than not running around in one of your big t-shirts and socks sliding around on the hardwood floor with food in my hand.

My friends and family are so important to me, so be prepared to meet every single one of them and hear all of their God awful stories about me when I was younger or the terrible decisions I've made on the weekends with my friends. Don't feel intimated because there's a lot of them because I promise they'll love you just as much as they love me.

I'm a handful, but that's what you have two hands for.

I'm a difficult person, but I promise to care for you and give you all of my love. I'll be there for you anytime you could possibly need me. I'll do all I can to never let you down, to always make you feel valuable, to make the most of the time I have with you. I promise to give everything to us, to you.

So, if you are the next person to love me don't give up on me when things get hard because I promise to never give up on you.

Sincerely,

The Girl You'll Love Next