11 Blatantly Obvious Signs You're A Chai Addict

Chai: the drink India can't live without.

1471

If you are Indian, you know what chai is.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm referring to, chai is another term for tea. There are some individuals (particularly older people of Indian descent) who cannot do anything without drinking chai. Chai is their breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The only nightmare that these addicts will experience is that feeling when they open their cabinet, and they are all of a sudden stripped of their delicious tea powder. Here are 12 signs that you are addicted to chai.

1. First thing in the morning

As this person steps out of their bed, the first thought on their mind is chai, and we all know that this is not their last cup either. There are plenty more cups of chai to come throughout the day.

2. Special feeling for the person who also likes Chai

This very first sip of chai craves this person to have more tea. Chai is not harmful, and actually, it has multiple benefits.

3. Various types of tea

A popular ingredient used in Northern India, ginger is believed to have multiple health benefits. Putting ginger in your tea is thought to keep your body warm during the harsh winter seasons. This spicy ingredient has been used in milk-based beverages in India for over hundreds of years. So when the British popularized tea in the late nineteenth century, adding ginger to tea was a natural thing to do.

4. Chai Booster

“One cup of chai, then I will finish the rest of this paperwork”. Chai can be motivational when it comes to getting the job.

5. Experience headaches

Chai is the cure for any type of headaches for these chai addicts. Whenever my parents have a headache, they drink Chai. It’s like Chai is chanting in their minds 24/7.

6. Officially the guest beverage in India

In India, Chai is more than just one cup of tea to start the day. The sweet-thick rink is an essential part of the rhythm of life.

7. The cure for sickness

Tea is actually good for your health. Chai lowers risk of heart attack and strokes. Studies have shown that a whole cove or crushed cove in your chai can help reduce inflammation and so can cinnamon.

8. You get pissed when there is no tea at home

9. Your idea of a perfect rainy day: Chai, biscuit and the newspaper

All the chai addicts can relate to this. In Bollywood movies or TV channels, they show the perfect rainy morning where this person is sipping their chai and biting into their crispy biscuit while reading the newspaper. These movies or channels make you crave for this moment and when it is raining outside, and you guys are probably the first ones outside with your cup of chai.

10. Non-Chai addicts

We often have to make chai for these chai addicts. This can get very irritating especially if they just drank the last sip of tea and want more. In most cases, you will most likely make chai again numerous times before the day ends. And it becomes a part of your daily life.

11. All these tea pictures have made you grab a cup of chai right now

Getting a cup of chai is always an excellent idea. You can not buy happiness, but you can buy tea and that is pretty much the same thing for these addicts.