An Open Letter To The American People

An Open Letter To The American People

If I know one thing, it's that fighting hate with hate will not be the answer.

30
An Open Letter To The American People
Wikipedia

To the American People:

I would like to start by saying that I may not be the most qualified person to talk about these topics. However, there are some serious changes that have to be made in this nation in order for love and growth to prosper. We need to stop hating. I know that many people have said that and it may seem easier said than done, but it needs to be done. If you think hate that is faught with more hate and violence is the answer, then you are just wrong. I do not see any reason to hate another person because they are a different race, gender, or for who they choose to love. This is supposed to be the land of the free and home of the brave and it sure does not look like that right now. People getting shot over who they want to love? That is down right disgraceful. We as humans need to all love each other and respect what other people's choices. We do not always have to agree and there is no way for everyone to agree. However, that does not mean that we have to start killing people because of our differences. America is founded with different cultures and is still considered a huge melting pot of different people, which helps draw others here.

Black lives matter and blue lives matter... because all lives matter. Yes, there have been some corrupt police officers that have done some horrible things and that has to stop. There are also thousands of officers that no matter what will be protecting your life and we should be showing them support as well. One of my best friends from when I was little has a sister that is a city police officer in NYC and I have never been more worried for her and her husband than I am now. I acknowledge the bad things that have been by some officers, but taking them out will not be the answer, because then who do we have to protect us? I fully understand that there is a lot of hate geared towards those officers, but we as the American people need to channel that strong energy into other things that aren't destructive, but can your point across.

What happened in Dallas the other night was a huge wake-up call for me and everyone else across the nation.We have to come together now more than ever before to stop any further destruction from happening. Fighting hate with hate is not the answer, we need to learn to love each other and live with each other. This can be a very long process and can take some time, but let's try and make some changes for the good of everyone... because everyone's life matters.