An Open Letter: To Planning While Dreaming

An open letter to the realistic yet dream-like people out there. Plan to make your dreams come true!

1364
Pexels.com

To Planning While Dreaming:

I was thinking more about what it means to plan versus to act. What it means to keep an idea in your head versus making it happen.

There are plenty of similar themes like this in my writings. However, actually looking at what it means to do rather than keeping something you've been aiming to accomplish a mere thought in your mind is different.

An action plan is a great start to materializing any goal. You can write down the essentials, for example, how much it would cost for this or even how long it would realistically take you to get what you want done.

It can be extremely hard to even do this much. There were numerous times I began an action plan for myself, and things ended up going in a different direction than originally intended. Even at this very moment, I know this can be another one of those outcomes with my current aspirations.

One lesson I have learned through it all: I have the power to get back up and try again or give up altogether. Everyone will have a different circumstance for choosing either route, but understanding that another door will open helps you to move on to better things.

If you decide something isn't for you, that counts as getting back up too! Always remember to plan ahead and keep realistic expectations in mind. This allows you to visualize and create more concrete ideas of what you need to do next.

The obstacles that make us question if what we're doing is worth it will be tough, but overcoming them isn't far-fetched. I joke that I'm a "realistic dreamer," but indeed, I think that having a back-up plan to paint and frame the overall picture I envisioned is a good way to accomplish my dreams.

I truly hope that this gives perspective to anyone who is frustrated or lost to the question: 'what now?"

Take some time for yourself, envision, and plan, but always dream big. Many may see this as fleeting or unattainable, but anything is very possible.

Many positive and healthy perceptions to you all!

Encouragingly,

Jessica