A Letter to My Best Friend
Life Stages

A Letter to My Best Friend

Happy Birthday, My Other Half

12
A Letter to My Best Friend

The first time I met you, I was intimidated. Your sassy nature, your impatient tapping toe, and especially your beautiful brown eyes peeking above your glasses- the pure physical expression of "Are you serious?" Never would I have ever thought in the next few weeks after the first floor meeting, we would become inseparable.

Your pain is my pain. Your happiness is my happiness. When one of us has a bad day, the other reminds them of the time they made a fool out of themselves in front of that basketball player last week. I know you may not be the best at expressing and receiving emotions, but you know when I need you and you are there without question. We laugh, we cry, but most importantly we love.

Our first year of college together has been full of crazy and amazing memories. Jamming in the car, picking up a Little Caesar's Hot N' Ready five minutes before they close and sitting in the parking lot eating together, arguing over how many slices we each get to eat. Thank you for letting me eat the free Crazy Bread. Late nights eating spicy ramen and watching The Office, getting competitive about who was on the furthest episode.

Thank you for always listening, even when you really did not want to hear me talk about the guy that broke my heart again. You held back the "I told you so" and instead took a big sigh and waited to hear the outcome of my next sob story. You may not be good at emotions, but you are always there for me. I will always appreciate the things you do for me. You watch out for me when no one else does.

Thank you for accepting me, and always encouraging me to be proud of who I am and who I love. You have shown nothing but 100% support for who I really am, and welcomed me with open arms. To feel comfort in being able to be myself around you, and to be willing to work on showing others who I am is all thanks to you.

I know there are so many days where it is hard to get out of bed and feel motivated, but you do it. And I am so proud of you for doing it. You are going to do great things, a failed test or a missed assignment will be soon forgotten once you get up there and show the other computer science people what's up. I promise you there is a reason you have a class at 10 AM even if you don't wanna get up, keep getting up for those classes. Keep pushing forward because the reward is going to be so good (and great pay).

There will always be days where you are sad, talk to me, I am here to listen. And know that it is okay to be sad, embrace it, but make sure to wake up the next morning hopeful because it is a new day. When you're stressed because lord knows we both are 24/7, take a deep breath and think of the future. Google those step-by-step methods to help calm down, or watch one of your "funny" cartoons.

But most of all thank you for the endless amazing memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life, and hopefully be able to tell my kids about. You will always have a huge place in my heart. I cannot wait to see what this year holds for us. Canada seems to be in our future, very soon.

What you need to know:

You are an incredible woman. Never let a guy determine your self worth. Work on loving yourself honey, because I am here to tell you that there is so much to love about you. You are so dedicated to what you do. You are loyal and brave. You are loving, and on your good days, kind. One day there will be a man that recognizes all of these beautiful characteristics and erase the pain that you carry, but until then, I am taking applications. Believe in yourself, honey, believe in love. I cannot wait for the day that you can look yourself in the eyes and say, "I love you," because you deserve that more than anyone I know. You truly are gorgeous inside and out.

And in this beautiful and loving girl, is where I found my forever friend.

Happy Birthday, Micah, I love you so. Congrats on being one year older.

Sincerely, Angellica