An Open Letter To Me

An Open Letter To Me

I hope you're doing okay.

16
An Open Letter To Me
My Style and Stuff Blog

Dear Future Me,

First and foremost, I hope you’re doing fine. I hope you have an amazing career as a writer (and potentially as a novelist). I hope your writing has inspired people to become a writer like you. I hope that you’re a good influence on aspiring writers and that they love your work. I hope your novels will be enjoyed years from now, even if you feel like they were going to eventually be forgotten.

You have probably come farther than what you ever expected to. That’s always important to remember. That does not necessarily mean that you are successful or making heaping amounts of money. It just means that you are comfortable in your own skin and continue to feel that way, no matter what.

It’s OK that you may or may not have everything figured out yet. That’s what making mistakes and taking chances are for. I hope made many of mistakes and took every chance you saw fit. I hope you followed your heart with every important decision you made.

I hope you found inner peace. I hope you’re stronger, smarter, and braver than your old self (you know, me, I already know you will be.) You have a better way of handling the negativity in your life, so unfriending those in your life who consistently bring you down will be easier.

I hope you still hope and you haven’t stopped dreaming. I hope you haven’t let the world change you and you still have a smile on your face.

Most importantly, I hope you’re happy and that you continue to be for the rest of your life.

Sincerely,

Me