An Ode To My Cellphone

An Ode To My Cellphone

From late night studying to texting or article writing, you are always there to get things done.

69
An Ode To My Cellphone
PCMag

Thank you, my ever so independent amazing piece of technology that can perform over thousands of tasks at command. It may sound weird to thank you, considering you are not a real living being, but my thankfulness does not discriminate.

You have come a long way on so many adventures across the country. From Maine down the east coast, over to the west of Ohio, you have been reliable enough to keep all the memories sacred. Pictures and the ability to contact those miles away at a time who mean the most speak the biggest volumes.

While I am not as addicted to you as many other people might be, I still appreciate what you are capable of. I have my free time when I put you away and focus on the world around me, taking the important moments in. But there is never anything wrong with taking a quick picture of the moment to cherish forever.

During moments of silence, you always come in handy for some good jams. Whether it be in the car or dorm room, it's always great to have access to the best songs and radios to pass the time. It's so much easier to just bring along a smaller device instead of carrying around a separate radio. Plus, you can't create your own libraries and playlists on a radio (so +1 for you, cellphone).

With your resilience and ability to withstand any kind of drop, I appreciate that you stick through it all. I do sincerely apologize for each scratch or chip in your design as you slowly age with time. You do a lot for me and it will always be something that I appreciate.

So to you my cellphone, thank you for being there when you were needed most. Studying, texting, social media, article writing- everything. There may be one day when I may have to upgrade, but I don't want to rush onto that. You work perfect as is and will always be one of my favorite cellphones from high school throughout college.