An Honest Review of Fenty by Rihanna

An Honest Review Of Fenty Beauty By Rihanna

She may have unveiled it awhile ago, but it still leaves me shook.

207

Let me get something straight, I'm a hard working girl on a budget; however, I can still happily afford some makeup products sold at stores like Sephora and Ulta. When it comes to buying makeup, call me basic, I don't buy anything unless it's Jeffree Star approved. Lately, I've been getting sick of my old foundation (Too Faced's Born This Way liquid foundation). Also, side note, I understand that Born This Way may not be Jeffree Star approved, but I used to be very loyal to it.

When I watched Jeffree Star review Fenty's products, I was amazed. It all looked so good and beautiful. So naturally, I went out and bought a couple of items from Fenty to try them out. The two products I bought were the full-bodied foundation brush and, of course, the liquid foundation.

The first day I wore the foundation, it was without primer or setting spray; in fact, the only other makeup I wore that day was mascara. The reason for this was because I knew I had a full day of labor-intensive work ahead of me; I just wanted to try out my new foundation. Not only did it go on as light as air, but it blended in so well with my skin I had to do almost no blending with the foundation brush. Also, the brush itself is like a Godsend. It appeared to blend even better than my sponge.

Throughout my work day, I noticed the foundation was staying on pretty well. This was surprising because, not only did I skip primer and setting spray, I also applied a very thin layer of the foundation. It didn't even cover my entire face. Also, remember that my work day was labor intensive and outside in the cold. I didn't bring my makeup with me so I couldn't do any touch-ups. By the end of the day, most of the foundation didn't' seem to be there and my face was almost entirely red from the wind and the cold. Although that's a little disappointing, it wasn't until the last hour or two of my eight hour work day that the foundation even budged. To me, that's pretty impressive. No other foundation I have ever had has lasted that long, not even Born This Way. It may not seem like it, but that's a total win.

The next day, I wore the Fenty foundation, applied with the foundation brush, again. This time, I used it with a priming and setting spray. During that day, I wound up taking an unexpected trip to an indoor pool. Unlike most people who just chill at pools and don't really have fun, I go ham at pools; I'll show everyone my sick flips underwater. So, of course, that's exactly what I did despite the fact that I had makeup on. When I got out of the pool I checked a mirror and noticed that my foundation was still there and intact. My mascara was another story, but this foundation is insane. It survived my laps in the pool as well as quite a few hours of just normal life beforehand.

If you asked me what I would rate Fenty foundation on a scale of one to ten, it gets a solid 9 (only a 9/10 because, no matter what, no foundation is perfect and therefore I will not rate one as such. But Rihanna came pretty dang close). Rihanna, you have me quaking in my socks. I cannot wait to try the highlighters and lip products.

Do yourself a favor and go splurge on this foundation, it's 100% worth it.