Americans Would Benefit From Listening To The Radio In Different Languages
Travel

Americans would benefit from listening to the radio in different languages

Did you know that few Americans are fluent in a second language?

51
https://unsplash.com/photos/ASKeuOZqhYU

When you drive in your car, do you listen to the radio? I imagine that you tend to listen to the radio station that you identify with most. I love listening to the country station whenever I don't want to listen to my Itunes playlist or Apple Music. Imagine if you wanted to learn a new language, what better way to supplement your learning process than to listen to the language being spoken? If you can't afford Rosetta Stone, go to a radio station that speaks in a different language and you could also learn about their culture along the way.

It's fun to learn a second language. In Central Florida, there is a huge Latin community and it gets bigger as you go south. Their culture is as diverse as American culture with an added flair. They are a fun and loving community with amazing food. Just like their radio stations. If you need something happy, turn on a Spanish radio station. I've learned most of my Spanish from listening to the Radio and hearing my closest friends talk. One of my favorite Radio shows to listen to is Sweet and Sour from the radio station El Sol.

Milton Javier, Edwin Ocasio, and Edwin YumarEdwin Yumar Photography

The cool part about this show is that it streams on Facebook and El Sol's Website. The show runs from 7 pm to 9 pm from Monday to Friday. The show has social commentary with a flair from the main characters. Edwin Yumar, Edwin Ocasio, and Milton Javier are the three hosts and they have a comedic and intelligent way of explaining what is going on in the world. Learning Spanish from them is both fun and educative. Each show is different because they bring special guests to the majority of their shows that are known to the Latin community and some from the American Community. Their aim is to be relatable to everyone across the board.

Did you know that only a quarter of the population of America is Bilingual? According to News Gallup, 43% of Americans ages 18-29 are considered bilingual. That's only 43% of the quarter of the population. With the majority of the rest of the American population not learning a new language, they are more susceptible to brain degenerative diseases. This is why we need to listen to the radio in different languages. Think about your brain because that's the only brain that you will ever have.

Sweet and Sour is a fantastic radio show that you need to be listening to if you are learning Spanish. It is completely off scribe social commentary that will have your sides in stitches. With various characters, it is hard for them to be not relatable. The relatable characters would promote learning in people from young adult to elder and that is a great solution. Sweet and Sour is one of the reasons why we should be listening to radio shows in various languages because we are able to learn about new cultures and new humor genres.