Amazon Prime

I Wouldn't Have Survived College Without Amazon Prime

It literally saved me so many times.

10
https://www.instagram.com/p/BziPWtyCfZw/?igshid=1w73jfy0lv5we
@amazon/Instagram

One of the most stressful things during college is worrying about money. Attending a university is ridiculously expensive, living on your own for the first time and knowing how to budget is a hard thing to master, they want you to sell your soul for textbooks, it's just all so hard.

My first semester of college, I ordered all of my textbooks from the school's bookstore. It was easier to just buy them all from the same place, and being a first semester freshman, I didn't know any better. So, needless to say, I spent several hundred dollars on 4 or 5 textbooks for that semester.

So when the spring rolled around, I went looking in other places. I found tons of websites that carried textbooks for cheaper, such as Chegg, Valorebooks, the list goes on.

But the one website that stuck out to me the most was Amazon.

Amazon lets you rent textbooks, but even if they don't have one available to rent, you can still buy it for cheaper than you can at the bookstore.

On top of saving money on the price of books, Amazon Prime has free two day shipping, and when it's time to return the book, they'll email you a return label so you never have to worry about paying for shipping.

But textbooks aren't the only way Amazon saved me in college. Being away from home for the first time, we're having to learn how to be an adult and support ourselves. My college is in a small town so the shopping options are minimal. So basically, if you can't find what you need at Walmart, you're screwed...unless you have an Amazon Prime account.

Every time something came up while I was in college, my first instinct was to go to Amazon. Textbooks? Amazon. Facial wash? Amazon. Something cheap to wear for a school event? Amazon. They carry almost anything you can think of. There's only been a handful of times where I wasn't able to get what I needed from them.

To anyone who feels like college is a struggle and money is hard to manage, Amazon Prime is always the answer.