8 All Time Low Songs That Will Bring You To New Heights

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year."

130
Flickr

Sometimes you just can’t seem to win. Things just aren’t happening the way you imagined them to and you feel like throwing in the towel. Then, you put on your favorite song and it’s like you’ve have entered a new world. Music is a language in itself and it can put you back in fighting shape. Sometimes all you need is to put your headphones in and unplug from the world.

I started listening to All Time Low in high school and questioned why the heck I’m listening to these lunatics. (If you’ve seen Straight to DVD...well.) You know, I still do ask myself that, but alas. There’s no denying the emotions felt when I turned on one of their songs. Sometimes I even reminisce of when I heard them live, which is always a bonus.

It brings me to a state of enlightenment where I know that even if everything isn’t perfect, it’s okay. Not only that, but it gets better. All Time Low’s makes you think less about the terrors and more about the good times. Here are eight songs of theirs that will bring you to new heights:

1. Weightless

"Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year."

There’s always a bright side. Even if it’s crummy now, the next day you have the opportunity to make it better.

2. Kids in the Dark

"Come together, State of the art, We'll never surrender."

This one makes you feel like you have an army backing you up, especially when you hear it live. Talk about a confidence boost!

3. Something's Gotta Give

"Wake me up, Say enough is enough, I'm dying to live."

When you keep pushing to break those walls, you prevail...or you become a zombie. Hoping for the latter.

4. Somewhere in Neverland

"Say the word and we'll find a way."

This one throws pixie dust on you and makes you fly. After all, what were the Lost Boys ever worried about? Don't let the adult world cramp your style.

5. A Party Song (The Walk of Shame)

"Don't sweat it, forget it, everything is a-ok."

Sometimes we get in our heads and need to be reminded that it’s not the end of the world.

6. Missing You

"It only takes a little push to pull on through."

It’s easy to fall into darkness. The important part of this song is that it doesn’t ignore what that feels like, but they certainly bring you to the light.

7. I Feel Like Dancin'

"Show us what you've got, 'Cause you know that you've got more!"

Sometimes you just have to dance like no one’s watching and take everything less seriously. Plus it’s hard not to join in the shenanigans with this iconic video.

8. Reckless And The Brave

"Long live us."

It really feels like an anthem.