Adventure Time

Adventure Time

No more "Netflix and chill"

19
Adventure Time

We all know that "chivalry is dead" in today's society, but does it have to be? Everyone seems to be obsessed with "Netflix and chill." To be completely honest, I don't think there is one solid definition for what that actually is. Just reading that, I'm sure, brings to mind some sort of sexual image. That is not the kind of relationship I want with anyone.

What ever happened to the spirit of adventure? People often get complacent with just "chilling" or "hanging out" with their significant other. It's so boring! I want someone who will randomly sweep me off of my feet, and I am sure I'm not the only one. I am not saying that you have to do some big romantic gesture every single day, but once in awhile may be nice. I would rather get sick of going out than get sick of staying in. People tend to get sick of each other if they stay in all the time. A simple fix would be to go out once a week and do something different.

Fun dates are so much better than just staying in to watch Netflix. You may get to learn new things. You can express your creativity, whether its individual or together. Most importantly, you get to make memories. I want to be able to sit out on a porch one day with my grandchildren and look at my husband and say, "Remember that one date when..." That may just be a romantic fantasy to most people, but it doesn't have to be. It can become a reality if our society will just get over "Netflix and chill" dates.

Relationships would benefit from trying new things. So many people are too afraid to do anything outside their comfort zone. Let your significant other teach you to do something different that you wouldn't normally do. Whether it's something as simple as learning to skateboard, or even crochet, or something more difficult, like learning something about the job of your significant other, the relationship may flourish from this. You may or may not enjoy it, but you at least would have an understanding of why they like it so much.

Bring back the adventure. Bring back creativity and imagination. Do something fun or spontaneous. If you need some ideas, think back to when you were a kid. What were some of the things you enjoyed doing back then? Here are some ideas if you have a hard time thinking of something: go mini golfing, go frolfing (frisbee golfing, for those of you unfamiliar with this vernacular), drive go-karts, play sports like softball or soccer, go rock climbing, go for a hike, go kayaking or canoeing, go horseback riding, go skydiving, go bungee jumping, go camping, paint mugs, volunteer, go ballroom dancing, go swing dancing, go to a street dance, or even just go bowling. Just go do something!