10 Inexpensive And Fun Things To Do To Get In The Holiday Spirit

4. Have a re-gifting party.

729
Reindeer socks

Christmas can be a very complicated time of year. As fun as it is it can become quite expensive and stressful so sometimes you start to lose your holiday spirit. Here are some things you can do to keep the spirit on a budget:

1. Write letters to out of town friends/ relatives.

Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of life, we forget about the people we love, especially those who don't live close by. So this is an opportunity to take the time and tell them you are thinking about them!

2. Drive around neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights.

This would also be a great date idea. This is simple, fun and can really lighten up your night.

3. Look at old family photos.

Sometimes we all need a walk down memory lane, and there's no better time to do it than the holidays.

4. Have a re-gifting party.

This is a creative way to get together with your friends. You can have a holiday party and exchange gifts you already have. It's a different take on a white elephant and you get to get rid of the gifts you never wanted or use.

5. Make a jar of good things.

media.giphy.com

Take a jar and write down all your favorite memories or things you were thankful for this year. Then this time next year you can open the jar and do it again.

6. Do random acts of kindness.

media.giphy.com

With friends or alone you can go around and do things just because. You can leave random notes on peoples cars, volunteer, donate to a food bank and so much more. This will make your heart full.

7. Watch holiday episodes of your favorite shows on Netflix.

Every series has a holiday episode and maybe more than one. Pick out some of your favorites and enjoy the holidays along with them.

8. Decorate your Christmas tree.

This is probably the simplest thing to do but it gets you in the holiday spirit. There is nothing more like Christmas than putting on some music and making a beautiful tree.

9. Bake, bake, bake!

Take some time to make your favorite recipes, try some new ones or make some traditional ones. Nothing smells more like Christmas than the aroma of holiday goodies.

10. Make Christmas decorations.

Have a great DIY night with family and friends. You can make stockings, ornaments and whatever else you choose to do. Not only is this great bonding time it is also creating things you can keep for a lifetime.

Hopefully some of these ideas and help you get in the Christmas spirit.