A Friend Group, Group Chat

10 Things You Know If You're A Part Of A Friend-Group Group Chat

Number 10 is the reason we do it.

358
www.unsplash.com
Unsplash

Group chats have honestly changed the texting game. You can talk to anyone you want to talk to about a specific thing at once. It's a great place to plan get-togethers, nights out, sporting events, and birthdays.

I feel like everyone has their family group chat, sibling group chat, project group chat, and more. But friend group chats are a totally different breed. You literally talk about everything in them, but there are definitely things everyone who is a part of a friend group chat can relate to.

1. Hiding alerts is a gift.

The fact that you can essentially mute your conversation and not get constant notifications is literally the best thing, especially when you're working or sleeping. You can do what you're doing without 80 dings because Becca we used to be friends with subtweeted us.

2. The actions on messages are a game changer.

Being able to like, dislike, love, emphasize, laugh, and question a message is the best feature Apple ever created. You can reply when you're busy without actually typing something. It's perfect when you're catching up on a sea of messages about the mountain weekend you guys are planning.

3. Playing catch-up when you're busy.

If you miss a solid five minutes of group chat conversation, you will definitely have at least 20 messages to catch up on when you finally get a free moment. But this is when number two comes in handy; you can reply without actually replying during your catch-up session.

4. There is always someone who is MIA.

In every group chat, there is that one friend who rarely answers the messages. There are days when you don't even know they're actually in the group. Sometimes, number one is a huge cause for this. It takes serious action trying to get them to actually answer during important moments. Like are we buying you a Flyers ticket or no?

5. There is always someone who is constantly texting in it.

The complete opposite of number four. If you get a message from the group chat, it's highly likely it is going to be this person. They are the first to say, "Did you see what Joe posted?!", or "Can we all go to this together?!" Honestly, they can be considered the glue that holds the group chat together because they're usually keeping it alive.

6. The photo section is a gift.

You have everything from screenshots, hilarious selfies, gifs, Bitmojis, and your best group pictures in there. It comes in handy when you can't remember why we're all mad at Amanda, or when it's someone's birthday and you need the funniest picture for your Instagram story. Especially when you're feeling extra lucky and want to brag about your bomb friends.

7. It's centrally opinionated.

If you want an honest opinion, this is typically where you go for it and you expect to be made fun of by at least one person. Sometimes, you may even have one person tell you something looks good when even you know it doesn't.

8. Everyone calls out everyone.

You commented on Becca's picture and said, "so cute", or you got caught Snapchatting your ex. Prepare for the worst because this is typically a no-mercy situation. You are getting put on full blast the second you're found out.

9. It's always awkward when no one answers you.

You sent a text and not one of the five other people replied? You basically want to leave the group and never look back. You're probably sitting there like, "Hello, did you guys forget about me?" This is truly the worst part about group chats.

10. It's probably a chat full of besties.

All your favorite people are a part of your group chat, which is the reason you love it so much in such a love-hate situation. After all, with everyone's busy schedules, how else would you communicate?