9 Things Truck Drivers Want You to Know

9 Things Truck Drivers Want You to Know

Driving a semi can be a pain, but it is a way people survive.

332
9 Things Truck Drivers Want You to Know

If you drive anywhere really you will see semi trucks. It's gonna happen, there's no denying it. We always are so rude to truck drivers: giving them the finger for not going fast enough, trying to constantly cut them off, etc. Well we always think of ourselves in the car perspective, but I thought I'd provide some information that truck drivers want you, a-non-truck-driver to know.

1. This semi can only go so fast. Literally, it doesn't go past 65 mph sometimes.

Some semis max out at 65 mph, therefore cannot go any faster.

2. I have places to go too ya know.

There is a set time this load in the back of the trailer has to be delivered. There literally is a time crunch, so you're not the only one in a rush.

3. Cutting me off could kill us both.

Breaking in a semi is not as quick of a process as it is in a car. It takes a little longer for the truck to slow down then a car. So if you're gonna cut off the semi at least go faster.

4. Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see you trying to move over while I was. It's not like I have this huge trailer attached to my cab or anything.

If you can't see my mirrors I can't see you, like at all.

5. I make really wide turns, so just wait for me.

I have little control over this trailer, the cab is where the control is.

6. Believe it or not, I was trained to drive this thing so I kinda know what I'm doing.

Truck drivers have to go through training in order to receive their CDL license and it is even a whole nother class on their license.

7. Driving a truck in the city is hard.

Driving in the city in general is hard. So you come get behind this wheel in the city and try to cuss at me again.

8. I could be missing important moments back at home, but instead I'm driving this truck.

I could be spending time with family, going to my kid's basketball game or some other thing, but instead I'm on this road with you.

9. I could be delivering something you might need, or might be explosive, so how about you just be nice?

You don't know, I could have ice cream on this truck, or dynamite. You take a guess.