I am elated when most holidays come around; Christmas and Valentine's Day happen to be my favorites. However, when it comes to Halloween I am the biggest of grinches. Here is why:
1. There is way too much pressure to have a witty or a eccentric costume. I could never come up with something this awesome
2. And if you are not one of the two, then your costume is most likely the highest degree of trash.
3. People are pretty crazy in general, but for some reason Halloween brings out a whole other level of crazy in everyone.
4. Almost everyone you know will be throwing a Halloween party, which means you’ll have to pick which of your friends you like the most. Rude.
5. Even worse is not getting invited to any party at all. That’s just ego crushing.
6. For 31 days all that plays on television are terrifying, demented, sick and twisted horror films. Stephen King, you are a monster.
7. The fact that I know everyone is pretending to like candy corn- you people cannot possibly find that excuse of a candy delicious.
8. Halloween decorations are ugly and gross. Spiders? Eyeballs?? Bloody detached limbs??? Um, no thanks!
9. You have to be extra wary of your chocolate and the fact that there cold be RAZOR BLADES in them for Pete’s sake.
Call me what you want folks, but little kids running around the streets at night time begging for hundreds of pieces of candy while dressed like Spider-Man just isn't my thing. I will be hibernating this coming weekend, so I will see you all in November!