9 Perks Of Having A Big Sister

9 Perks Of Having A Big Sister

Sometimes they're not so bad.

73
9 Perks Of Having A Big Sister
Jyothi Navaneeth

This is probably the only time I will ever admit that there are perks to having a big sister. Most of the time I prefer to complain about how annoying they are. Truth is, even though they can get on your nerves and drive you insane they can also be pretty helpful from time to time.

1. Your closet instantly doubles.

One thing I can never get enough of is clothing. I always feel like I have nothing to wear but also seem to spend most of my money on clothing. I don't really understand how this is possible. However, having an older sister gives you so many more options that you don't have to pay for.

2. You always have someone you can force your company on.

When all your friends are busy doing other things, you can always make your sister hang out with you instead. And maybe you can even guilt her into paying for your food.

3. If you go to the same college as them you have a built-in friend.

When you go to college it can be scary not knowing anybody and doing things on your own for the first time. If you end up at the same college as your older sister not only do you have someone you can count on, you have someone that can give you the inside scoop on how stuff works.

4. If your teachers liked them, they'll already like you.

Life is hard when you want all your teachers to like you but you're too lazy to actually do stuff. Luckily for you, if your older sister was a good kid and your teachers liked her, you're already set.

5. Your parents usually enforce less rules with you.

Your older sister has already fought the battles with your parents about curfew, chores, boys and just about anything else. This makes your life much easier considering all the hard work has already been done.

6. You have a built-in tutor for all your classes.

School can be hard and tutoring can be boring. Sisters are an easy alternative to that problem considering they're forced to be around you anyways and your parents will probably make them help you.

7. You have someone to endure long, boring family events with.

Sometimes, family events can be boring. They're filled with people you haven't seen in years and you're just staring at the clock counting down the minutes until you can leave. Going with your sister gives you someone to complain to and also someone to help you hide from your more persistent relatives.

8. Your parents usually blame your older sibling first.

The general response when something goes wrong is to assume that the older one did it. I can't say I find anything wrong with this way of handling issues.

9. Even though you may argue all the time, you always know you have them on your side.

You probably argue with your sister more than you do with anyone else and at times they can be the most annoying person to deal with. However, you know that they're someone you can always count on to be there for you.

For the most part, big sisters are a pain with their self-righteousness and their fancy accomplishments. However, very rarely, they're not the worst and actually seem to help you. Shoutout to all the older sisters out there -- you're pretty cool sometimes.