9 Apps Every WVU Student Should Have
Life Stages

9 Apps Every WVU Student Should Have

There are a lot of really helpful apps for WVU students (and just college students in general) out there, so here's a definitive list of the ones you should get.

150
9 Apps Every WVU Student Should Have

There are a lot of really helpful apps for WVU students (and just college students in general) out there, so here's a definitive list of the ones you should get. From food to maps, these apps will help you survive on campus!

1. Grubhub: Local Food Delivery

Free on App Store / Free on Google Play Store

There's nothing better after a long night out than some cheese fries from Scorer's or a pizza from Casa! Grubhub lets you order food from your favorite local restaurants and has it delivered to you. Talk about convenient.

2. Insomnia Cookies

OK, OK, I know I just said that you should get Grubhub, but Insomnia Cookies doesn't use Grubhub. They have their own app. And you should probably get it because sometimes you're just craving some warm cookies.

3. Sweatcoin - Sweat for Coin

This one is really useful, especially on WVU's campus. With all the walking that students do on campus, Sweatcoin gives you a reward. This app converts your steps into a type of online currency called "Sweatcoins" (makes sense) and then you can redeem them for rewards from online retailers! The rewards change at least every day, so you're bound to find something you want!

4.  Shopkick - Shopping Rewards

Free on App Store/ Free on Google Play Store

I am a HUGE Shopkick person. Shopkick gives you points called "Kicks" for completing three different types of tasks. The first is called a walk-in kick. You earn these just by walking into a store (or driving by and opening the app, like I do). The next is called a scan kick. You earn these by simply scanning a specified item in a store. If you're at Walmart, why not go scan some stuff? You get kicks without buying anything. The last task is a rebate kick. These require you to buy something. After you've bought the product, just scan your receipt, and the app will credit your account with a specific number of kicks! Then you can trade in your kicks for gift cards to places like Starbucks, Target, Walmart, and plenty of other places!

5. Mountain Line Transit Authority Bus Finder

This app is a LIFESAVER. Sure, maybe you know what the bus schedule is supposed to be. But the bus isn't always super reliable. That's where this app comes in. You can pick which bus you're looking for, and it shows you a real-time map with the location of the bus. It's saved my night many a time.

6. WVU Mobile

Free on App Store

WVU Mobile shows you an updated PRT status, the menu for Boreman's Bistro, upcoming events, the location of the bus, campus maps and a list of dining halls, and a news feed. I'll be honest–I don't use this all that often, but freshmen could definitely benefit from having this app.

7. Evernote

Evernote is a free note-taking app and I love it. I honestly only got it because you can't change the text color on Apple's built-in Notes app, but Evernote has become my favorite app to keep reminders and notes in.

8. Venmo: Send & Receive Money

Venmo is the easiest way to send money to your friends for whatever the reason. Just get it if you don't already have it.

9. Done: A Simple Habit Tracker

Free on App Store

This is the BEST habit-tracking app ever. I paid to upgrade mine (and I recommend you do the same), but you don't have to. If you have a lot of medicines to keep track of, get this app. If you want to keep track of your workouts, get this app. If you just want to track your water intake, get this app. It's changed my life.