8 A.M. Classes Are Not As Bad As People Make Them Out To Be

Just get the classes out of the way.

23
https://pixabay.com/photos/alarm-clock-cat-time-morning-814507/

Picture it: your alarm going off at 6 or 7 in the morning and it is time to get ready for class. You dread the thought of having to walk across campus or getting in your car and drive to class but it has to be done. The next 15 weeks, you think to yourself, will not be fun.

Get those thoughts out of your head. An 8 a.m. class is not as bad as people make it out to be. For most people, they will be working at 8 in the morning for the rest of their careers. So why is it okay then but not okay in college?

I took an 8 a.m. class a couple of years ago, and I do not regret it. While I wasn't particularly interested in the course itself, it allowed me to get the class out of the way early in the morning so I could worry about other things.

Would you rather have an 8:00 a.m. or be in class non-stop for hours? People who decide to schedule later in the day often have back-to-back courses with no break in between. That can be exhausting.

There is nothing wrong with an 8:00 a.m. class. So what if you have to get up really early in the morning, do not stay up so late if that is a problem. I am also taking a night class this semester and I look forward to it.

People always tell others to never take an 8:00 a.m. because they themselves thought they would not survive an early morning class. Do not listen to those people. Everyone is different. Just because that person says that you should not take it does not mean you should listen.

Some people might thrive in early morning classes. Some people are early birds, some people are night owls. Do not listen to people who dictate your schedule for you (except your advisor).