8 Ways You Know It's Spring Break in Florida

We live where you vacation, unfortunately.

13
Ana Simon

Spring Break is something everyone looks forward to, except maybe Floridians. This is because the famous caption "we live where you vacation" becomes a reality. Everyone flies down to Florida to escape the snow and enjoy a little sun. These are 10 ways you know it's finally Spring Break when you live in Florida:

1. Traffic.

The traffic is absolutely horrible. Places that used to only take you 15 minutes to get to now take you at least 30 minutes, and places that used to take you 30 minutes now take you an hour. The bumper to bumper is exhausting and inevitable.

2. You actually have to wait to be seated.

Usually, when you go to a restaurant you're able to get seated right away. During spring break it is almost impossible to show up to a restaurant and not have to wait.

3. No parking.

Trying to find a parking spot is a dread--especially at the mall or at the beach. You have to either circle around for five to ten minutes or give your car to the valet.

4. The beach is twice as packed as it usually is.

On the weekends, the beach may be a little crowded, but, during Spring Break, it is absolutely packed. It is almost impossible to find a spot to lay down your towel that is more than a foot away from someone else. And let's not forget that your usual two or three girls taking pictures by the water turns into twenty (and that's only in your range of view).

5. The amount of teenagers/ twenty year olds nearly doubles.

Anywhere and everywhere you go is populated by dozens and dozens of young people.

6. GEOTAGS

Fort Lauderdale and Miami get a Spring Break geotag added to the myriad of geotags they already have.

7. The streets get crowded, too.

You're not safe from people anywhere. From Las Olas to the Hollywood Board Walk to Lincoln Road, the streets are full of people and you have to swerve past tourists to get to your destination.

8. Good luck getting an Uber.

Getting an Uber during Spring Break is like trying to get an Uber after Ultra or Life In Color. It is nearly impossible to get an Uber, and you'll probably have to wait 20 minutes by the curb waiting for the nearest one.