8 Things Basic Girls Do During The Holidays

Tis the season to be basic

128

I am writing this for all the basic girls out there (and you know who you are). If you have ever posted a picture on Instagram with a caption with the phrase 'sleigh' or 'am I naughty?' then you most likely are a basic girl yourself. What makes a basic girl so unoriginal during the holidays? Embrace your inner basic that you have as a girl, and lets see 8 things basic girls do during the holidays:

You have seen Love Actually too many times

This is definitely a basic girls must see holiday film each year or even they see it more than once during the holidays. It is a cheesy Christmas romance film that features all things girls can cry and love over and over again.

Making your precious pooch look festive is a must

Your furry friends are in for a treat (if they tolerate it) when you pull out the Christmas sweater you bought them. You want your pooch to be festive and what better way to show that festiveness by buying them many sweaters, accessories and Christmas treats!

You NEVER really wear an ugly sweater when it is required

Your common defense when someone questions you why you are not wearing your ugly sweater at the ugly sweater Christmas party is how the invitation stated to wear festive attire. Or that is what you thought originally. You still want to look cute for your selfies and other photos you take. You just don't want to wear a vintage sweater from the 80's.

You count the days on your calendar leading up to Christmas

Once December 1st hits you immediately start counting down the days for Christmas. Special bonus points goes towards the ladies who put a big heart on December 25.

Your nails are also decked out to be festive

You have never forgotten to have your nails be festive. Whether you get your nails to be a cute little snowman or the basic red and green coordination , you are a basic girl to the core.

You are a Starbucks holiday drinker loyalist

As soon as the holiday drinks at Starbucks are released you are the first in line. If you got that special free holiday cup on the day the holiday drinks came out then you go girl!

You take a Christmas photo selfie with the word 'sleigh' as a caption

On December 25 when you do your scrolling through Instagram, you can definitely spot the basic girls They will have their selfies with themselves, then pictures with friends, family members and their dog. They will have a corny caption of something along the lines of.. 'we sleighed.'

Your Christmas outfit consists of holiday socks

To compliment your 'ugly sweater' (not really ugly), your nails all decked out for the holidays, and your Starbucks holiday cup, then you need to finish your outfit with Christmas socks. You will dance around all day on Christmas with the festive penguins, reindeer, or the red and green design.