8 Struggles Of Being A Girl | The Odyssey Online

8 Struggles Of Being A Girl

Ladies, we live tough lives.

19
8 Struggles Of Being A Girl
Spirit Earth Awakening

Ladies, we all know the struggle! Running late for work because putting on make up took too long, attempting to look professional without offending anyone (but the skirt was so cute!), and finding hair in the most random of places. Things can be a bit of a struggle! Here are 8 struggles that we all can identify with.

1. Makeup

We like to feel pretty every now and then. It's no surprise that many women like to turn to makeup for that reason. The problem with makeup, though, is that it can get so expensive, especially if you use a product every day or if the product has a short shelf life.

2. The Fashion Industry

We like to keep up with the latest fashion trends, whether it be grunge, chic, or even bohemian. The problem with the industry, however, is that as soon as a new style is in season, another one is released and women feel like they have to keep up with the trends. And like makeup, clothing is never cheap.

3. School Dress Codes

No matter if you went to public or private school, there is always a dress code to follow. The policy at many public high schools are probably the most outrageous. No shorts shorter than three inches above the knee. No leggings without shorts, a skirt, or a dress overtop the pants. No tank tops. No exposed shoulders. All because we would be 'distracting the boys from learning.'

4. Being Too Tall

Being a tall girl is rough. Any guy that you meet is either as tall as you or shorter than you. Many women think it's awkward when they are as tall as or taller than their significant other. I know a few girls that wouldn't even wear high heels if they were with their boyfriend.

5. Being Too Short

Of course, being too short is also an issue for women. Not being able to reach things without a stepstool is a big struggle. People refer to you as 'cute' because of your height. Sometimes you're even mistaken as a child. When it comes to height, you just can't win.

6. Periods

If life wasn't already hard enough, Mother Nature just had to make it worse. And it's not only the monthly bleeding that we get. Along with that comes mood swings, acne, and pain. Lots and lots of pain. From cramps to sensitive breasts, periods are just the absolute worst.

7. Hair, EVERYWHERE

Girls are shedding, constantly. You could have just vacuumed your room and yet you'll find so much hair 5 minutes later. And it is literally everywhere. On the floor, in your car, in the shower, on your clothes, even on other people's clothes. Many times hair is more of an annoyance rather than a fashion statement.

8. Society's Standards for Us

Women can't be too fat. Women can't be too skinny. Women must have big breasts. Women must have fat asses. Women must wear makeup in order to look pretty. I could go on and on, but there are so many standards that society wants us to follow. And if you can't be on one end of the spectrum, you certainly can't be on the other. For example, weight. Men prefer a woman who is slender, but some men don't want a bag of bones as a partner. Us women are left to live in a world where men think they can create the perfect woman at some kind of Build-A-Bear Workshop.