8 Most Read Pinterest Quotes To Brighten Your Day

They'll definitely cheer you up.

68
Robin Welle

As I dove into close to 30,000 pins on my Pinterest page I realized its packed with my favorite quotes, pictures, foods, animals, and memes. You name it, anything I love is on a board on my profile.

I used to have a specific board that read, "My Favorite Quotes." Well, it's changed to, "My Happy Place." It started out as just quotes I liked, ones that made me smile or laugh, but as I got older I learned quotes can make you very emotional. Not just happy or sad, but nostalgic, empathetic or understanding.

I've decided to list my eight most used quotes as of March 27, 2018.

1. My Mother

Just reading my mom's words calms me down. She tells me this every time I say I don't want to go somewhere or don't want to do something. This has made me become who I really am, quite honestly. It's taught me my happiness stems from me first, so I should take the initiative and make every day the best.

2. William Shakespeare

Hamlet: Act two, Scene two. To me this is saying, you can wonder if the stars are just fire. You can wonder if the sun moves. You can wonder if the truth is a lie, but you'll never wonder if I love you.

Not to mention when Polonius reads it to Ophelia in the play, jaws probably dropped in the theatre. I mean, it's just perfect. Polonius really got taken for granted here; he was the one who also said, "This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man." Another one of my favorites... I'll have to make a list of my favorite Shakespeare quotes next!

3. Vincent van Gogh

“It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.” This reminds me to "stay sweet" as my mom tells me and to do all things out of kindness even on my worst days.

4. Roald Dahl

This reminds me to think positively even when the thoughts in my head are screaming otherwise. Also, being constantly positive not only uplifts your own mood, but everyone else's around you. Don't forget to be the smile or the sunshine in someone's day!

5. Rumi

My career means the world to me; being happy in what I will do for the rest of my life is a priority. I call on God constantly asking, "Is this where I'm supposed to be?"

This quote tells me that if I want something bad enough, it will find me as I search for it, making the pieces fall into place.

6. Edgar Allan Poe

If this quote was a person, it would be me. I love this one because I love so deeply, when it leaves or when something happens to it, it tears me apart.

7. Charles Dickens

"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlaying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before -- more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentile."

Another thing mom has always told me is that its always okay to cry. I've learned you can cry from any emotion, and I feel like when you need to cry, cry, and don't be ashamed of it!

8. Zen Shin

Stop comparing yourself to others! You are you, and that is the best thing about you.