1. Getting to see family and friends
2. Thanksgiving feastFor my family, my grandma's house has always been the place of gathering for this holiday ritual. We all potluck all kinds of food, from homemade bread to hot and juicy turkey. Although we all try and chip in, my grandma loves to whip up way more food than we could even think about consuming. Her specialty, in my opinion, is her pumpkin pie. I can't ever get enough of that stuff (I am her favorite grandchild, so she always makes an extra one for me). She used to own a pie shop in Xenia, Ohio cooking her delicious treats for everyone, but now her secret recipe is exclusive to our family.
3. The "after feast nap"After stuffing our faces with all that we can eat, we commence watching football games during which we all inevitably fall asleep.
4. Black Friday shoppingBlack Friday shopping is always hectic. People go crazy over blowing their hard earned money on things they don't need. Remember the Nintendo Wii? Who actually still plays with that thing? Nevertheless, I have to be honest. I get sucked into this too. I mean the deals are amazing, right?
5. Ugly Christmas sweatersIt always seems to be a competition to see who can come up with the most crazy, elaborate sweater, but they always make me laugh and are a lot of fun to wear and see all the weird looks you get.
6. Holiday moviesEveryone has their own favorite holiday movie to watch. For my family, it's "A Christmas Story". Maybe if I'm lucky this year, I'll get an official Red Ryder Carbine-action two-hundred shot range model air rifle.
7. SnowHere in Ohio we are pretty used to snow. My friends from out-of-state think we are crazy for being so used to the "blizzards" we get here. Personally, I love the snow, as long as I don't get caught having to drive in it. Have some fun this holiday season and go play in the snow. You're never too old to get into a snowball fight with some of your friends.
8. Christmas lightsEveryone from Ohio has either heard about or been to Clifton Mill for the Christmas lights. With over 3.5 million lights, this is a spectacular light show you will not want to miss this season.
9. Santa ClausNo matter how old you get, when you see jolly ol' St. Nick, he's bound to put a smile on your face this holiday season.Here's to hoping you all have a wonderful holiday season this year, stuff your face, throw some snow, and enjoy the company of your family and friends.