8 Strong Female Characters in Movies and TV

Here are some amazing and sassy ladies on the small and large screen.

76
HelloGiggles.com

From Disney animation to intense, thriller series, here are some of the BEST strong female characters in TV and film.

1. Eleven from "Stranger Things"

Eleven is a literal superhero. She's constantly saving her (male) friends' butts from everything from school bullies to the Demogorgon. And she's only 12 years old.

2. Claire Underwood from "House of Cards"

Claire experiences some MAJOR character development over four released seasons of Netflix's House of Cards. She's just as relentless as her husband, she's forging her own path in politics and she's doing it all while being a business-professional style icon.

3. Leslie Knope from "Parks and Recreation"

Speaking of politics, how about this high achiever. Leslie never stops pursuing her goals and challenging gender roles wherever she goes.

4. Hermione Granger from "Harry Potter"

The brightest witch of her age truly can't be beat. Hermione is always the problem solver, always the rational thinker, and always setting a great example for young women. And she punched Malfoy in the face.

5. Rey from "Star Wars"

The newest heroine of the "Star Wars" saga is strong and independent and don't need no man. She makes waiting for the next film in the series to come out even more unbearable.

6. Elizabeth Swann from "Pirates of the Caribbean"

Throughout the films, Elizabeth transforms from a polished socialite to a fierce pirate lady who fights just as hard as the men.

7. Judy Hopps from "Zootopia"

Judy is a sassy little bunny who defies all the odds and stereotypes against her to become a police office.

8. Elle Woods from "Legally Blonde"

Elle doesn't let a broken heart get her down. Instead, she goes to Harvard and becomes a very successful lawyer. What a boss lady. And don't act like that scene after the costume party didn't seriously motivate you, too.