8 Games To Play With Your Friends This Summer

Stay home and have some fun

8
Photo by Simon Ray on Unsplash

Scattergories 

A two to six person creative-thinking category game where you score points by naming objects within a category. You are given the first letter to the object and must guess what it is within three minutes. For example, with the category "cities" and the first letter, "A" words guessed would be "Albuquerque", "Anchorage", "Albany", "Austin". Scattergories is a really fun game to turn your mind off to everything but the categories.

Clue 

A three to six person murder mystery board game. The object of the game is to determine who murdered the victim, where the crime took place, and what weapon was used. You move around to all the different rooms of the house as different suspects, collecting clues about the murder from the other players.

Yahtzee

This game can be played with any number of people. You play with five dice trying to make certain combinations, you can roll three times each turn and have thirteen rounds to fill all the combinations. A fast, fun game that everyone will like playing.

Rack-O

A two to four person card game, where each person has a rack and gets dealt ten cards. The object of the game is to line up ten cards in ascending order starting in slot number one. On your turn you can either pick up a new card or the top one from the discard pile. If you draw the top card from the deck may immediately discard, if you take the top discard you have to put it in your rack and discard a different one.

Spoons

This is a two to infinity player game, the more players the more intense it is. Start by placing spoons or any object of your choice in the middle of the table with one less than the amount of players. Each player gets four cards and you discard a card of your choice to the left of you. When you get four of a kind (all four aces or twos of each face) you grab a spoon. As soon as someone grabs a spoon it’s a race to get one, if you don’t manage to get one, you’re out of the game. A quick game that you’ll want to play all night.

Cranium 

Need teams of two, the board game is laid out in four different color spaces. Each color represents a category, on your turn you roll whatever color you land on you draw a card and your teammate describes it to you. If you get it right you draw another card, seeing who can get the most correct and score the most points.

Risk 

A two to six person game of conquest, conflict, and diplomacy. The board game is divided up into forty-two territories, on six continents. Players control armies and attempt to capture territories from other players, you can form & dissolve alliances with other players. The name of the game is to capture all the territories, eliminating all other players. This game is known to be lengthy so be sure to allow several to finish.

Chinese Checkers 

Can be played with two to six players, individually or with partners. It is played on a hexagram shaped board and the object is to get all your marbles to the opposite corner from where you started.