7 Ways You Can You Finally Become Comfortable Spending Time With Yourself

Now's the time to focus on yourself.

56
https://pixabay.com/photos/girl-hair-blowing-blonde-woman-1246525/

Spending time with yourself can be an unnerving thing, especially when you're used to having other people to talk and entertain you. Now, in the middle of a pandemic (crazy!) it can be really tough being with yourself all day. Here are some ideas to help feel more comfortable (and get you through the semi-isolation)!

Also it is important to remember that being comfortable spending time with yourself means being confident in being by yourself.

1. Treat yourself to something nice

Go online shopping for some new clothes or jewelry. Don't go shopping for someone else to see your chic new outfit, do it for you! Buy new clothes and model them in front of the mirror for yourself!

If clothes aren't for you, maybe a nice takeout dinner from a restaurant and your favorite movie or good book.

2. Start a new personal hobby

Instead of sitting around uncomfortable in your thoughts, go out and try something new or something you've always wanted to do. Is there a new recipe you've been wanting to taste? Or a hat you've wanted to crochet? Go for it!

3. Take a walk in solitude and listen to music

What better way to get to know yourself than by taking a walk around your neighborhood? You can listen to new music and enjoy the outdoors while thinking in your own thoughts!

4. Finish up chores around the house

Seriously! Cleaning and organizing can pass time as well as be something productive for yourself! Maybe you can listen to music and make it something fun for yourself! Plus, once everything is cleaned and organized, you'll feel more proud that you were able to make a space better for you!

5. Morning and night routines that are done alone should be fun

Getting ready for bed and waking up in the morning shouldn't feel like a chore. Instead, try and make it fun by listening to a set playlist to feel more confident before work or before going to bed! Incorporate something nice for yourself like a book or a fun activity.

6. Start a personal planner

Something that can make you feel more confident spending time with yourself is having a planner --especially ones with different 'activities' in them. You can write about your daily goals and what you plan to do. When making lists and plans that don't involve others, it can make you feel more comfortable doing things and spending time on your own!

7. Do whatever you feel!

If you want to go out to a movie or carnival with friends, but they aren't available, that doesn't mean you don't have to go!

Go anyways!

If you want to take an art class but no one is willing?

Do it anyways! Feel confident in being able to do what you want without others.