7 Tips To Help You Deal With Being Sick In College

Don’t over exert yourself

40
A surplus of germs, too much sugar, lack of healthy vegetables and poor sleep cycles are notorious combinations for the college plague. But... being sick is inevitable, and sometimes feels eternal.
Here are 7 tips on how to best cope with the worst feeling:

1. Nap

PC

If you didn't believe in naps before, maybe give them a shot now. With jumbled up sleep schedules and an exhausting workload, just 20 minutes a day can make a huge difference.

2. Don't over exert yourself

PC

There will always be another party or sporting event to go to. Don't give into FOMO, because there's a catch: you won't actually enjoy it if you already don't feel well.

3. Watch the TV shows that your busy life has kept you from seeing

PC

Think back to your favorite shows - the ones you haven't watched in a year or two, not because they finished, but because it took a whole year for the next season to come out. Binge! Catch up on everything you've been missing.

4. Blow your nose!

PC

In college, you only realize the common household amenities that you're missing when you need them. If you have to walk to the bathroom every time you should blow your nose, you may end up sniffling for the whole quarter. Keep a tissue box by your bed and clear those sinuses.

5. Stream your lectures

PC

If you have professors that video their classes, take advantage of it. Going to class is important, but forcing yourself to go to class when you're sick is not necessarily wise. Take that time to rest so when you watch the videos later, you'll actually retain more information than if you went to class.

6. Chug water - even when it hurts

PC

When you're sick, you're body is weak. Laziness is the most attractive option, but sometimes you just have to force yourself to experience a little discomfort. When I was sick recently, my throat was absolutely killing me. Taking a sip of room temperature water felt like I was scratching an open wound, but you've got to do it. Heat up your water if you can, but if you can't, don't stop drinking it.

7. Don't always dress for the occasion

PC

Yes, put your sweats on and curl up under your covers - but be careful not to overdo it. Sometimes when you feel like you're in a funk, putting on a pair of slightly tight, but not too uncomfortable jeans, can actually encourage you to be more productive. If you dress lazily, you're more likely to be lazy, and if you're not sick anymore, you don't need to act like it.