7 Times Harry Potter Gave Us All The Feels

Potterhead for life, my Muggles.

166
wall.alphacoders.com

Let's talk about Harry Potter-- the only books to keep me up at night, biting my nails, on edge with anticipation as to what would happen next. In 6th grade, I fell in love with the Harry Potter series, thanks to my teacher at the time. I read each book as quick as I could get my hands on them. No book before had brought me such an emotional connection with the characters as these did. I distinctly remember each moment that gave me all the feels.

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Living with the Dursleys, Harry did not experience a traditional Christmas. He was usually hidden away, without any gifts, or watching Dudley open a plethora of presents. When Harry attends Hogwarts, he is able to really enjoy Christmas-- even getting gifts, like a monogrammed sweater from Mrs. Weasley!

2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Hagrid isn't known for making the best decisions. However, he is known for his big heart and the love he has for the trio. They all tend to lean on him, looking up to him. When Hermione is called a "Mudblood," Hagrid is there to remind her not to listen to the haters (Draco Malfoy).

3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry had no idea what having a family truly meant; because, the Dursleys did not treat Harry as part of their family. Sirius Black shows up and shows Harry what family is like-- he loves Harry.

4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I'm a huge Molly Weasley fan. Growing up without a mother present, Harry had no true grasp on what a mother's love was (except the fact that his mom gave his life for her). Physically, he didn't know a mother's touch-- until he was in the hospital and Mrs. Weasley hugged him like a mom would hug her son.

5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Sirius Black has been looking after his godson since he broke out of Azkaban. He was the closest Harry had in his life to a father figure, or a cool uncle. When he dies, right in front of Harry, Harry loses it-- and so does the audience.

6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Dumbledore, although mysterious, a light in the time of darkness, has been there from the very beginning. He has always helped and guided Harry along the way. Our hearts ache for Harry when he has to go into that cave with Dumbledore and force him to drink that awful liquid.

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Out of all the events in the last book, the one that gives me the most feels is when Molly Weasley takes down Bellatrix Lestrange. Once again, I am a Molly Weasley fan. She is such a strong, loving, amazing mother. Not only is she all that-- but she kicks butt!