7 Times New Girl Described Your Long Distance Friendship
popular

"this is friendship"

2486
via Camryn Conroy

In honor of the seventh and final season of New Girl premiering on Fox this April I thought, who better than everyone's favorite loft friends to share what it's like when your best friend lives a trillion miles away. For starters, there's a whole lot of FaceTime calls (lol @ Ellie). But, as much as it can be a bummer to live far away from your bestie, if you're lucky, it just makes your friendship even stronger. Here's to friendship; here's to the greatest show Fox has ever produced.

1. Your reaction when you don't have the SAME free time to talk

The key word here is SAME. You both will have free time but what does it matter if you're free while they're in class and as soon as they're free you have 12 meetings to go to? The answer is, it doesn't matter. Get a shared calendar; it makes things easier.

2. When you're reunited and are so excited you can't help but act like total idiots

I have never related to a GIF more in my whole life. There's something about being so excited to see your bestie after months away that makes your entire brain just basically shut off. Oh well, it's how the best (and most stupid) inside jokes are born.

3. You start calling them even for unimportant things

When you lived just a few miles away from each other, phone calls were reserved for serious matters, or because it was easier to make plans over a phone call than a text. Now they're for everything from major news to alerting you to what I had for lunch today.

4. When you go to an event they would totally LOVE but they're on the other side of the country.. :/

Sure, the party or concert or whatever will be cool but when you're at a food festival and you know there's NO ONE out there who loves a good food fest more than your bff it's a little bit of a bummer that they aren't there to try some ice cream waffle with you.

5. Over half of your texts really aren't necessary

Honestly you're just looking for an excuse to talk to them because you miss their face. "Happy 2pm!! Miss you!!!"

6. You get really excited about your old friends meeting your new friends

More friends for everyone!!! You all win!!!

7. Your friendship just grows stronger

At the end of the day, no matter the distance, you know there's still no one out there who's gonna have your back like your truest homegirl. Plus, being far away just makes the time you spend together even more special and fun.

Here's to the Cece to your Jess or the Schmidt to your Nick. Hang on to them real tight because as Schmidt says: