7 Things Over 7 Rings

Real Talk: "7 Rings", while it already is under critique for being "stolen tunes", it definitely doesn't slap as hard as most of Ariana Grande's songs. She can run a mean hook, a mean chorus, but you can't deny that the only thing quality about this song is the beat. Sure, it has danceability, but where's something more meaningful than flaunting all the stuff you can buy.

Sure, you've been through some stuff and you want to come out strong. But, you can write something that isn't about your tattoos that you misspell.

As a matter of fact, I can think of so many things better than this song. Here are a few:

The Polar Vortex

A real thriving force that has caused WVU to cancel for three days, it's really taking care of our roads. And by that I mean, I slid down the hills of Morgantown in my car today. I made it out unscathed, and my car is fine, but I was terrified. The Vortex is definitely easing, but it had more charisma than the people who wrecked thinking they had class today.

My Roommate

As I write this, she is curled up in a blanket, hair in a wrap post-shower, and is waiting for me to find Leap Year illegally so we can watch it. Can't get any more content than that.

The Egg that Broke the Internet

You know that egg that beat out Kylie Jenner for the highest liked photo on Instagram. It's now become a great breakfast omelette. Beat that! (Literally...)

"My Favorite Things" by Julie Andrews

You know, because that's what the entire first verse ripped off. Julie Andrews would be ashamed.

My Liver

Borderline cabin feverish, I've been slipping Bailey's into my hot chocolate, Crown into my coffee, and NyQuil for nap time. It's only a little bit; I promise. Stay warm, friends.

My plant on my window sill.

He's a little bamboo named Harry. He's really cold, because, Polar Vortex. But, he's doing very well with the overcast sky.

The Real "7 Things"

"7 Things" > "7 Rings". Hands down. An iconic bop that has surpassed time, "7 Rings" will always ride the coattails of this tune about loving Nick Jonas (way before this old couple found Priyanka and Liam, for you younger readers).

Give me seven good reasons as to why "7 Rings" is a good song. I'll give you thousands more to counter. Thanks for coming to my TedTalk. Have a nice snow day.