7 Signs You're Ready To Go Back To College Already

"Pass out at three, wake up at 10, go out to eat, then do it again, man I love college..."

18
Best Colleges Online

Summer is coming to an end but the most exciting time of the year is approaching just around the corner. College starts in exactly 17 days (and counting) and for some, it couldn't come any faster. As I and many other returning students eagerly count down the days, we crave the hustle and constant engagement our home away from home provided.

Although summer was a time of personal growth and most importantly relaxation, it's time to load up the car with our junk, drop some money on textbooks and head back to college for yet another mentally-straining, unforgettable semester.

Not sure if you're ready to leave the comfort of your hometown? Here are some signs that it's time for you to return to spending your days with college friends, going out every night and most importantly living independently.

1. You find yourself completely booked for the upcoming semester.

Even though it's still summer, filling out your agenda book with upcoming club meetings, socials, and other events seems like a productive way to spend your time.

2. Texting, Snapping and Facetiming your college buddies has become a daily ritual.

Distance won't keep your "Glam Squad" (or whatever you call your group) apart. One who is ready to head back to college will find themselves anticipating for their next online social engagement with friends. At this point, notifications have now become your 6th sense.

3. An Amazon or Ikea Wish-List has been created and hopefully fulfilled.

It's hard not to get eager about your new space and start brainstorming your new dorm or apartment decor themes. Although Amazon and Ikea are great options for shopping, consider creating your own DIY decorations. Youtube offers thousands of tutorials that can save you "dolla dolla bill y'all."

4. Somehow your physical appearance has become your main concern...again.

Just like during the New Years, your body becomes an important concern in your life. Some recognize this phenomenon as the "back to school bod" but we all know that we'll never change our ways regardless of the occasion...summer bod, New Year's bod, etc.

5. You feel the need to update your "look."

Whenever it's doing something new with your hair or just updating your closet, someone that is ready to return to college is also here to impress. Your months back home taking it easy gave you an opportunity to become your best self again, and what better way to take advantage of that then to show it off to people you haven't seen in months?

6. Your school spirit has emerged once again.

Just in time for football season, College themed attire has become apart of your everyday wear. Sporting your school's mascot and team colors is a way for you to remind you and everyone around you that you're a loyal fan.

7. Your bank account is basically laughing at you.

Tuition, textbooks, first month's rent and everything else is now starting to consume your hard earned summer cash resulting in a scary low, "maybe I should take out a loan" balance. Fear not, broke college student! Pell grants, FASFA and Bright Futures might be in your favor.