7 Movie Series To Binge Watch This Summer

I'm setting up quite the challenge for you all, so be prepared

929
Strategies in language

As can probably be inferred by any of you who have been reading my previous articles, I love television and movies. The best (or worst?) thing about movies nowadays is that they usually don't stop at one. So, for you all today, I have compiled a list of the best movie series to watch with your (hopefully) increased free time over the summer.

1. Harry Potter

Might as well start with the long ones because this group of movies has eight total. I love the "Harry Potter" movies almost as much as I love the "Harry Potter" books. They include A+ casting, generally good special effects, and a magical school of witchcraft and wizardry. Personally, I try to re-watch these movies every summer (or at least I have the past two summers and am planning on this summer). These are always movies I would recommend.

2. Star Wars

I would personally recommend that you watch these movies in the order that they were made, not the order in which they have been numbered (so IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII and so on), but I guess if you want to watch them chronologically you can. Anyways, not matter what order they go in, they are a good watch and are totally worth the time.

3. National Treasure

Okay, I am in love with these movies. They are full of semi-accurate historical facts, felonies that the characters are not punished for, a sarcastic fellow, and Nicolas Cage. There are only two so far, but I am anxiously (aka 10 years) awaiting a third.

4. The Hunger Games

Again, just like "Harry Potter", I love these movies almost as much as the books. Jennifer Lawrence is a godsend and Josh Hutcherson is fantastic. Who doesn't love when teenagers are thrown into a death arena? There are four of these movies and they are all great and I would always recommend.

5. Bridget Jones

Yay! I've mentioned these before and I still love them, especially now that "Bridget Jones's Baby" has been added to Netflix. Renee Zellweger is adorable and hilarious in all three movies and these ultimate chick flicks are ones to enjoy all the time.

6. The Chronicles of Narnia

Okay sure, these are kids movies, but does that really matter? Answer to that is no. Three of these movies have been made and I doubt any more will be, or if they are they will be remakes. The first movie is the best thing ever (I mean, a wardrobe that transports you to a magical land? Yes, please), the second one is pretty good (a little annoying that humans have taken over Narnia, but I got over it), and the third is just fun to watch to see Lucy, Edmund, Susan, and Peter again (even if Susan and Peter are only in it for a minute).

7. Marvel Movies

These aren't really a set series of movies, but watching them in order is always something I've wanted to do. For a fun mix and a way to get the entire story would be to insert "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" into this mix. A good order to watch these would be: Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Fantastic Four (2005), Spider-Man 3, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Shield episodes 1.1-1.7, Thor: A Dark World, Shield episodes, 1.8-1.16, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Shield 1.17-1.22, Guardians of the Galaxy, Shield 2.1-2.19, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Shield 2.20-3.19, Captain America: Civil War, Shield 3.20-4.6, Doctor Strange, Shield 4.7-4.22, Guardians of the Galaxy V. II, and when Spider-Man: Homecoming comes out, add that to the list. (Insert anywhere: The Amazing Spider-Man 1&2, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, and Luke Cage).

Alrighty, I have given you all a challenge and I hope you decide to take it. Good luck my fellow movie lovers.