7 Friends Everyone Has On Facebook

7 Friends Everyone Has On Facebook

The who's-who guide for Facebook.

6
7 Friends Everyone Has On Facebook

Social media has become such an extraordinarily popular platform for people of all ages to express themselves. While some use sites like Facebook to keep family and friends updated on how their lives are going, others see fit to strip away any sense of privacy that they had in their life to inform their followers that “the doctor doesn’t think the rash is related to herpes, but, won’t know until the results of the tests come in.” As more and more people are creating their own Facebook profiles, there seems to be a trend of various “friends” you begin to see throughout your newsfeed.

1. The overly conservative friend

This is everyone's favorite person. Not only do they push their own political ideology onto you through their statuses (that are unnecessarily entire paragraphs long), but they also share some pretty ignorant and questionably racist articles.

2. The “PLAY CANDY CRUSH WITH ME, GODDAMNIT!!!!!” friend

Sometimes it seems that any notification you receive on your Facebook is just going to be this particular friend sending you the ten-thousandth invitation to play Candy Crush. If I wanted to play, I would’ve accepted the first invitation, Derrick.

3. The guy whose profile picture is literally just a truck

You don’t necessarily remember adding this person, so you go to his profile to confirm that, yes, his profile picture is simply a picture of a truck. It’s not even a photo he took. From the looks of it, he probably just googled “trucks outside” and saved the first picture in the results.

4. The friend that posts vague, depressing statuses for attention

I think this has been everyone at some point in time, but, it’s not as socially acceptable for a grown-ass adult to be pulling this as it is for a high school student. It’s pretty bizarre, actually. The age of this friend can range from around fourteen years old, to someone clear in their sixties. Then, when their friends feed into it and ask them what’s wrong, they will be even more vague and say something like, “don’t worry about it.”

5. The friend that will post a picture with song lyrics that have nothing to do with the picture itself

If I see one more picture of a pretty scenic view with lyrics from "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift as the caption, I’m going to launch my computer out of the window.

6. The friend who is also your mother

If she doesn’t “like” and leave a comment on every photo or status you post, what kind of mother would that make her?

7. The friend that updates their status way too often

Seriously, it seems that any time you refresh the page, there is a new status by this person. Just a few minutes ago, they were posting about how the kind service at Chick-Fil-A “restored their faith in humanity,” and now they are going on a rant about the person that cut them off as they were exiting the restaurant’s parking lot.