7 Facts About Concert Weekend

7 Facts About Concert Weekend

Every choir knows these seven frustrations.

25
7 Facts About Concert Weekend
Ashland University Music

It was a concert weekend for our university choir, and the week leading up to it always includes frustrations that quickly turn into inside jokes once the concert is over and death by choir director has once again been avoided. Here are seven occurrences that cycle through the choir no matter the concert:

1. Wrong notes:

You will forever make that face, most likely while all of your friends are making it too. You all look at each other this way for as long as the note is held.

2. Balance:

The message is always the same. It's a glorious moment when the entire tenor section can be heard, and not just the tenor who wishes he were a soprano.

3. Restarts:

Your director is about to lose it and most definitely will, but for the moment, he's hanging on by a thread with this face.

4. Wrong notes part 2:

This is an actual picture of my choir director. You and your friends aren't the only grumpy cats when wrong notes occur, only now you're the victim.

5. Pick-ups:

The death threats begin. The concert is very near.

6. Missing a concert:

The death threats continue. If you're not at the concert, you'd better be in your grave. Same goes for rehearsal, actually, so stay in choir and stay alive.

7. After-concert reconciliation:

It's like you're all on a concert-high and you suddenly love each other. But don't worry, all of the grumpy cats will return on Monday.

Choir members can predict the pattern that will occur in the weeks leading up to the concert. It's part of being a family, I guess, knowing exactly how everyone else is going to respond under the stress. I love concert weekend, especially once we've reached the performance and we all love each other!