6 Workouts You Should Do In 2016

6 Workouts You Should Do In 2016

Definitely a major key to success

20
6 Workouts You Should Do In 2016

This year, I found myself doing it again: I made a couple of New Year's resolutions, some realistic and some not at all. One of my resolutions is to get back in shape, and so far I've been doing pretty well, if I do say so myself. I've gone to the gym every day and have made each time more efficient. Since I've started varying my workouts by doing difference types of activities each time, I've turned the grueling task of dragging myself to the gym into something I look forward to doing every morning. Here are six types of exercises that'll help you kick off the new year -- especially if you're looking to get back into a fitness routine this year!

1. "Everywhere" exercises

BuzzFeed recently started promoting its Get Fit Challenge for 2016, featuring daily exercises you can do anywhere and everywhere. It's a 28-day challenge with weekly circuits that make working out no sweat at all. You can do them while you're watching TV. There's a video of all the workouts.

2. Tabata

This high-intensity workout was pioneered by Japanese scientist Dr. Izumi Tabata in 1996. This fast-paced interval training has both fitness and weight-loss benefits. It's definitely a tough workout when you first start, but you'll be glad you did it! Here's a great eight-minute workout.

3. Fitness Pilates

For workouts that focus on your core, fitness Pilates is definitely something you should try. All you need is a mat and a great playlist. Cassey Ho, the creator of POP Pilates, has designed several exciting and upbeat workouts to help her followers get in shape. Her YouTube account is Blogilates, and many of her fitness videos have gained national recognition.

4. Power yoga

Like regular yoga, power yoga focuses on the fitness of both body and mind. While strengthening the body, it also relaxes the mind. Many gyms offer power yoga, and most classes are 45 minutes. While power yoga takes a little more time and commitment than a lot of other exercises, remember that it's beneficial for your mental health too!

5. Spinning

Who knew you could get such a good workout on a stationary bike? Spinning not only works your legs but also your core. Spinning fitness companies such as SoulCycle and Flywheel have become very popular in recent years.

6. Cardio kickboxing

Like boxing, but don't have any equipment on you? Fear not: Cardio kickboxing gives you a great workout, with no equipment required. The swings, punches, and kicks definitely get your adrenaline pumping. It'll make you feel like Floyd Mayweather in no time.