6 Unwritten Rules Of College

6 Unwritten Rules Of College

You don't learn everything in a classroom

206
6 Unwritten Rules Of College

College kids have been back in classes for almost a couple of months now. I've seen so many pictures and posts all of social that have made me remember (even slightly miss) my four years in college. Now every who has been to college at all knows there are some rules, many of them being unwritten.

Here are just a few unwritten rules I've learned throughout my four years in college.

1. That is MY unassigned, assigned seat.

This isn't Kindergarten and we don't have assigned seats anymore, but if I've been sitting in the same seat for weeks then that is MY seat. If I come in to find you sitting in it we're going to have a problem.

2. You don't need a new textbook to pass a class.

Almost every makes this mistake their first semester in college. You don't need that new seventh edition because hey fun fact, the sixth edition has the same information. And in some cases you could even find the textbook online... for free! Also don't forget, sharing is caring.

3. When someone tells you they're taking a nap you DO NOT disturb them.

Naps may be an often occurrence in college but are considered a luxury. The only time, I REPEAT THE ONLY TIME you should wake someone up from their nap is if the building is burning now. There's probably a 95 percent chance they don't care if they are missing class because of their nap.

4. You learn to always look for the word free.

Everyone loves free stuff, but as a college student you learn to spot free stuff from a mile away. Before college you may have passed up something free because you didn't want it or need it, but now you'll take anything. I mean you never know when you might need a two in one hand sanitizer pen.

5. If it's not your laundry then don't touch it.

I know it's so horrible, you finally got the motivation to do your two months worth of laundry and all the washers happen to be full. Don't be that guy every hates though and take someone else's laundry out of the washer. Just don't.

6. There's such a thing as sidewalk etiquette.

There are two things when it comes to sidewalks on campus. First thing, if there are more then two of you walking together then YOU are the ones the need move over. Don't let your squad take up the whole sidewalk. Second, it should be common sense but if you're a slow walker then kindly move over and not walk in the center. Don't be the reason someone else is late.