6 Tips To Stay Organized In College

6 Tips To Stay Organized In College

How to not drown when it comes to school work.

45
6 Tips To Stay Organized In College

Midterms have come and gone, and now it's time to buckle down and get to work. Sometimes it can be hard to stay focused on performing well academically when you aren't organized. Here are some tips on how to stay organized and stay on top of your school work!

1. Keep a planner

I don't know what I would do without a daily planner. You don't have do any super-crazy bullet journaling, but having a place to write down everything you need to do can be extremely helpful.

2. Color-code your notes

This doesn't work for everyone, but it can be extremely helpful. Make a key for yourself and highlight things in different colors, depending on their subject or importance.

3. Start writing out your exam schedule now

It never hurts to be too prepared. By knowing when your exams are weeks ahead of time, you can better prepare and study. Procrastinating your studying will never lead to a good result.

4. Designate study times

Tired of staying up all night studying? Designate certain times during your day to be homework/studying times. Turn off your phone and just focus on your school work.

5. Keep separate notebooks and folders for each class

It can get confusing and frustrating when you use one notebook for each class. You should have one place that you can keep everything for each class so that nothing gets mixed up.

6. Keep your room clean and organized.

I know you probably hear this all the time, but cleaning can help you be more successful. If all of your school things are in their correct place in your dorm or apartment, you won't spend half of your study time trying to find that one worksheet.