6 Things Your College Tour Guide Wants You to Know

We have been there too.

18
Derck and Edson

So you have been looking at colleges? You've endured endless college tours, pamphlets, interviews and applications. There has been so much information thrown at you in such small increments of time. It's an overwhelming yet exciting time of your life. You have probably been on so many college tours, that all the information is running together. I know, I've been there. Now, I am on the other side of it. I work as a college tour guide. Here are the things that your college tour guide wants you to know.

1. We are telling the truth.

We are not just being paid to make the school look good, we genuinely love our school. We have our jobs because we want to share our love of our school to you. When you ask us to tell you about our experiences, we are being honest with you.

2. Don't be afraid to ask us questions.

Questions help us create valuable conversation. You will be able to know exactly what you want to know if you ask us. Trust me, we are happy to answer them.

3. We aren't out of shape, it's just hard to talk while going up the stairs.

Sorry for our huffing and puffing.

4. Each tour is a little different.

We try to tailor our tours to you. We are not following a script, we are sharing our experiences based on your interests. We want to focus on what you are interested in.

5. Please pay attention.

Even if we are number five on your list. This is your future and our job. If you are on your cell phone, it will make the tour difficult for everyone. Who knows...maybe you will find something about the school that interests you.

6. Email us.

Do not be afraid to email us with any other questions that may pop up after your tour. We love receiving emails.