So you're lying if you say Hilary Duff wasn't your idol like ten years ago. Obviously we all got older and moved on, but we definitely shouldn't forget about her. Your tween self lived for every new album and movie she came out with. It's easy to say that she was (and is) the best role model for our 12 and 13 year old selves, and even though a lot of her fans are in college now, her messages still hold true.
So here goes a Hilary Duff appreciation post:
1. She always encouraged us to let go of the past.
If you haven't heard her hit song, "So Yesterday," (lol) I suggest you take a listen. It's probably still completely relevant to your life today.
Being filled with regrets won't change anything. Far too often people lose today because they are constantly thinking of what is already done and gone. In the ever so wise words of Hilary Duff, "If it's over let it go and come tomorrow it'll seem so yesterday." Totally Grammy worthy.
All of her songs seriously were such JAMS and had such good messages. Listen to the Metamorphosis album. I know it's still on your iPod.
2. She didn't wait for NO MAN.
Flash forward 20 minutes and she literally had Chad Michael Murray eating out of the palm of her hand.
Plus she knows how to rock a wedding dress to the annual Halloween dance.
3. We related to all of her embarrassing moments because all of them had already happened to us.
If she could bounce back from the whole bra thing, so can you.
4. She's still making music and she sounds amazing!!
Take a listen.
5. She aged so gracefully and was never involved in any shenanigans and HAS A SON NOW.
She's involved in tons of philanthropies, charities, and is just all around a really good person. (We're actually really close friends).
6. She told us that we get one life, so we should do what we want to do.
So whyyyy not?
Basically, Hilary Duff will never be so yesterday. ;-)