6 Puberty Stories

6 Puberty Stories

6 stories about growing up.

8173
6 Puberty Stories
YouTube-Dirty Love

If you're reading this, it's likely that you've experienced puberty. Some of us were more prepared than others. For me, not only did my school have those “this-is-what-puberty-is” talks, my mom was very open about sex and puberty, but that still didn’t prepare me for what would happen. I’m going to share with you funny stories about some people I know experienced when they hit puberty (plus everything that goes with it).

1. There was a girl who had a younger sister. The younger sister started getting bigger boobs than her older sister. The older sister was convinced that her boobs were small because she would fall asleep in her bra and would sleep on her stomach. She thought that sleeping on her stomach was pressing against her chest and therefore, wasn’t providing enough room for her boobs to grow.
  2. The story about buying pads seems to be the same. Most of the girls I know, their moms would buy whatever product they needed. One girl was terrified to use a tampon. Her mom drove into her that she could never use a tampon because she would get TSS (toxic shock syndrome) and she’d end up in the hospital. So, when this girl’s friend turned 16 and had a pool party, she was forced to choose between using a tampon or not swimming, in which case everyone would know she had her period. She chose to try a tampon. She spent 30 minutes in her room telling herself that maybe she will be lucky and not end up in the hospital. Turns out she tried the tampon and was perfectly fine.
  3. Once there was a boy whose parents told him absolutely nothing about puberty. One morning, he woke up and had a wet dream. At the time, he thought he had peed himself while sleeping. He proceeded to wash his sheets and hide everything from his parents to save himself the embarrassment of peeing the bed.
  4. Buying condoms for the first time? How do you know what to get? Well, one guy just bought a variety of everything until he figured out what actually fit. Another found the right kind, but every time he would check out at the counter, the cash register girl would say, “have fun."
  5. Another friend of mine started her period while in church. When she told her mom, her mom proceeded to take her into the bathroom to prove that she had indeed started. After church, her mom then didn’t hesitate to tell everyone in the parish that her daughter had become a woman.
  6. Starting your period can be scary when you aren’t prepared. When one girl started her period, she had no idea what was happening. She thought she shit herself and after throwing away two pairs of underwear, she finally broke down and told her mom. Her mom chuckled and reassured her that she wasn’t dying and it was only her period.

So if you have ever experienced something funny, embarrassing, or scary when it came to puberty, don’t worry, you’re not alone. When you get older, it’s not that bad, you learn to live with moments like those.