6 Perfect Birthday Gifts to Send a Friend When You Live Far Away

Perfect Birthday Gifts

1296

Birthdays are arguably one of the most special days for most people. And when that special day comes for your faraway friend, you can bet that nothing is more delightful than receiving a token of appreciation and love from the people closest to their hearts.

Well, it can be a bit challenging to show someone just how special they are to you and how much you care about them from miles away on their birthday. But as long as you’re informed and put a little creativity into it, distance shouldn’t come in the way of selecting just the perfect birthday gift for your distant loved one.

To inspire your creativity, here are six ideas for birthday gifts that you can send to your friend who lives far away from you.

1. A Personalized Gift Basket

A gift basket is one of the best birthday gifts you can send to your distant friend to make them feel extra special. Put together a personalized gift basket with items that your friend loves and ship it over to them.

These may include their favorite snacks, books, movies, or even personal care items such as cologne and makeup. To make the gift basket even more effective, consider including a heartfelt card with your best wishes for a happy birthday.

2. A Subscription Box

A subscription box almost always makes a great birthday gift. Similar to gift baskets, birthday subscription boxes typically include a variety of items that are tailored to the recipient's interests. What makes subscription boxes even more thoughtful is that the recipient can enjoy the gifts they receive month after month and never have to worry about running out.

Whether they love beauty products or are a fan of craft beer, there's a subscription box that will fit their needs. It’s a great way to show your friend that you’re thinking of them while allowing them to try something new.

3. Customized Artwork

Get creative and commission custom artwork for your friend’s special day. Whether it’s a painting, a sculpture, or a digital design, your friend will be sure to appreciate your thoughtfulness. Your distant friend will probably think of you every time they look at the beautiful work of art in their living room despite how far apart the two of you are.

4. A Virtual Gift Card

This is another great way to defy the limitations of distance. Besides making the recipient feel merrier during the holidays, a gift card can also help your distant loved one celebrate their birthday while feeling loved.

Send your friend a virtual gift card that they can use to purchase items online. It could also be a gift card to their favorite restaurant abroad. You won’t have to worry about shipping, plus your friend can use it to purchase just about any item they need or prefer for their birthday or later on.

5. A Bouquet of Colorful Tulips

When it comes to birthday gifts for a distant loved one, you can never go wrong with a bouquet of colorful blooms, especially tulips. Waking up to a delivery of tulips bouquet is sure to brighten up your distant loved one’s special day, and for a few good reasons.

Besides being a symbol of love and joy, the bright and vibrant colors of tulips can bring joy and happiness to the recipient. Tulips are also a long-lasting flower, making them a better alternative than most other flower options.

6. A Handmade Gift

If you’re crafty, you can make a handmade gift for your friend. Whether it’s a scrapbook, a knitted scarf, or a painted mug, your friend will appreciate the effort and thoughtfulness that went into creating a handmade gift. All you have to do is choose a reliable shipping service to make sure the handmade gift reaches the recipient in good time.

If your distant friend is celebrating their birthday soon, these items are worth considering. No matter what gift you choose from above, it’s almost certain that your pal will appreciate how you went out of your way to make their birthday special.