6 Fun Summer Activities

6 Fun Summer Activities

It's time to chug wine and sunshine

8
6 Fun Summer Activities
Candace Malkowicz

With the school year coming to a close, summer is quickly approaching. There are so many things to make the most out of your time from taking hikes in nature to playing mini golf with friends. This article is on some other ideas to inspire you to make the most of your summer break. Some of these ideas are more pricey than others but it is okay to splurge once in awhile. Don't forget the sun screen!

1. Trip to the Beach

Taking a day trip to the beach is guaranteed fun for all your friends or family members. You can enjoy the water, work on your tan (or burn), play volleyball, or stroll along the board walk. There's just something about the salty air and sand between your toes that makes you feel relaxed.

2. Broadway Trip/Concert

Something I personally enjoy is traveling to New York to see a Broadway show. There are endless possibilities to explore throughout the day. The shows just take your breath away. Also, concerts are always a blast, especially at outdoor festivals with several attractions. Live entertainment is always thrilling.

3. Drive In Movies

Movies are just more captivating on a big screen while snuggling up in blankets in the back of your car. Some of these theaters give you two movies for the normal price of seeing one at the cinema. Plus, it is less frowned upon to bring your own snacks. No Moreno paying $6 for popcorn.

4. A Night Under the Stars

Even if you aren't a big fan of camping, there's no reason you can't set up a tent in your own backyard. Take the time to spend a night out in nature. Listen to the crickets chirping and feel the crisp summer breeze blow through your hair. If you really want to, you could also start a fire and make some s'mores. Please note though: bugs are to be expected so it doesn't hurt to buy some mosquito repellent.

5. Water Tournament

For those days when the temperature is above 90, it's time to break out the water balloons and super soakers. Invite some friends over and make a giant slip n slide course. The internet is filled with fun suggestions of how to create unique water courses.

6. Amusement Parks

Despite the cost, amusement parks are tons of fun for everyone. Perhaps you want to finally get over the fear of that daring roller coaster or you want to overlook the park from the top of a Ferris wheel. No matter what the reason, make the most of your summer vacation.

Summer break flees just as fast as it comes, so start planning ahead of time. There are countless, simple ways to make memories that might even spark a tradition. Either way, soak up the sun and just let loose!