Six Carrie Underwood Songs That Everyone Should Listen To

Six inspiring Carrie Underwood songs.

658
http://blog.clairepeetz.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/carrie-underwood-on-everyone-getting-divorced-theyre-dropping-like-flies.jpg

1. Lessons Learned

"Lessons Learned" is from Carrie Underwood's debut album, Some Hearts. What I like about this song is not only the music, but also the inspiring lyrics. My personal favorite: "I'm thankful for every break in my heart. I'm grateful for every scar." Tell me: how many of us can say that we are thankful for heartache? There is just so much power behind that. Being thankful for the pain in this life is such an important thing that most of us fail to realize. If it were not for the pain, would we be able to experience joy? "When life gets that much harder, it makes you that much stronger." I believe that strength derives from pain. The more you go through, the stronger you become. The pain you feel today only makes you that much stronger tomorrow. "It don't make no difference. The past can't be rewritten. You get the life you're given." Isn't that the truth? We experience so much pain and regret in this life, and there's not a thing we can do about it. We all wish we could turn back time at some point or another, but it's impossible. We get one chance- one life. But the message through this song is that no matter what happens, it's a lesson learned. "Some pages turned, some bridges burned, but there were lessons learned." Learn from mistakes. Something I always tell myself is that life is about taking chances and learning from mistakes; so take a chance, and learn from your mistake.

2. So Small

"So Small" is from Carrie's sophomore album, Carnival Ride. The album Carnival Ride itself is inspiring in so many ways. As Carrie sings, "God put us here on this carnival ride." What a perfect metaphor to describe life. "So Small" has to be the most innovative song on the album. "Don't run out on your faith." I cannot even begin to stress how significant that line is. As a Christian, I just can't fathom my life without faith. I have to believe that there is something greater than me. Even in my darkest days, I know that I have God to protect me. "Sometimes, that mountain you've been climbing is just a grain of sand." I interpret this line as a situation I have experienced multiple times. Things are not as big as they seem sometimes. I am definitely one to make a mountain out of a mole hill. When things get so staggering and overwhelming, my situation can turn into a huge problem that really is not so huge. "What you've been out there searching for forever is in your hands." Sometimes, all we have to do is look right in front of us to realize what we have. The line that follows explains this. "When you figure out love is all that matters after all, it sure makes everything else seem so small." Love in this life is what really matters. Once you have love, that's really all you need. Love is the most valuable thing a person can have. My favorite line in "So Small" is, "Time's flying by, moving so fast. You better make it count, because you can't get it back." I cannot emphasize how significant that is! Time is also one of the most valuable things in this life. Like I said before, you do not get a second chance. Make the time that you have count. Live in the moment. Don't rush. Live for today, and enjoy the little things. I have to stress this upon myself as well: Stop making a big deal over small things. Leave the small things to be small.

3. Play On

"Play On" is the last track, and also the title of Carrie's 3rd album. It has to be the most inspiring track on the album, in addition to "Change". "Play On" is so motivational on multiple levels. It's about taking chances and moving on (much like the other songs I have previously mentioned). "Play On" is kind of an eye-opener for whoever listens. The song basically asks you what you are going to do when things get tough. "What you gonna do when the show is over? What you gonna sing when the song ends? How you gonna cope when there is no closure?" That last question really sticks out to me. How do you cope when there is no closure? Coping with struggles has to be the hardest thing in life. Carrie basically asks, are you going to let things get you down? Are you going to let your issues get in the way of your life and allow your problems to overcome you? "How you gonna make it through when you think you lost your chance?" This song is so important at first, because usually you expect a song to tell you what to do. But before doing so in "Play On", Carrie asks you: "What are YOU going to do? What can YOU change? What is in YOUR control?" How weird is that?! Then she answers: "Play on, when you're losing the game. Play on, because you're going to make mistakes." Just KEEP GOING. There's obviously a theme within all of these songs. Just keep going. "It's always worth the sacrifice even when you think you're wrong." Like "So Small", "Play On" encourages you to take risks. Even when you doubt yourself, DO IT. You will never know unless you try. PLAY ON. It's almost like a video game. Do you quit playing the first time you die? Not normally. Don't you keep playing until you get better at it? That's how life works. "Even when the floodgates swing right open, never let the current take you down." Don't let your problems weigh you down. You have to keep going. "Going through the motions, just trying not to drown." Going through the motions is a theme in my life. It's something I mention quite often in my own songs. You just have to let life live and not let it kill you- no matter how hard that is. "Even through the storm on your darkest night, don't you ever give up the fight, even when you feel you're all alone."

6. Clock Don't Stop

"Clock Don't Stop" is my personal favorite track from Carrie's most recent album, Storyteller. The theme in this song is time (obviously). It's about doing things now, because tomorrow may not come. "And we'll make it right tomorrow, but tomorrow's not a sure thing." A lot of us fail to realize that. Tomorrow is NOT promised. Do things as if it's your last day. "The clock don't stop ticking away. Always hanging on the wall, no it don't care at all, it won't slow down. It won't wait." Time waits for no one, and I mean NO ONE. That's why forgiveness is so important. Tomorrow is never guaranteed for anyone. You have to forgive the ones you love before it's too late.

I hope you've had some lessons learned throughout reading this article. Remember: Play on, because there's good in goodbye. Most things are so small, so don't make a big deal out of it. Find faith, because there's something in the water. And enjoy the little things, because the clock don't stop.