5 Ways to De-stress During Finals

5 Ways to De-stress During Finals

This is the time of year where mental health is of utmost importance.

6
5 Ways to De-stress During Finals
Photo by Nguyen Nguyen from Pexels

Its December, and that means finals is upon us whether we like it or not. With the holidays right around the corner, there's plenty of incentive to get through the semester strong. However, if you're feeling overwhelmed, here are some ways to cope with the end of semester stress.

Make sure to stay active

It's easy to commit to spending all day in the library, but in reality, a fraction of those many hours will be truly productive. Scheduling in time for a walk or a quick gym session is a productive way to not only give your mind a break, but also give your body a reprieve from the rigid posture a studying student inevitably takes on. Working out before getting back to studying can help you clear your head and begin again with a new focus.

Spend some time with friends.

Photo by Sheep . from Pexels

Although we are all drowning in exams and assignments, take some time to hang out with your friends, whether that be for a meal or a quick cup of coffee. You might not see each other until the new year, so make sure you take time to enjoy each other before everyone heads home.

Eat.

Photo by Robin Stickel from Pexels

This one may seem self explanatory but when exams and obligations are occupying your mind, and money is getting tight towards the end of the semester, this is an easy one to skip. Food is important not only for your physical health, but your mental health as well. Be sure to treat yourself to your favorite foods as a reward for your hard work.

Call your loved ones

Whether that be your parents or an old friend, talking to people you care about can help ease your mind and thoughts.

Take a deep breath, and know that you are smart, strong, and capable.

http://images.wisegeek.com/woman-takes-breath.jpg

You're almost done and you'll have another semester of experience under your belt, and another semester to look forward to! You've made it this far, so those exams and assignments will be over before you know it.