5 Ways To Jump Back Into The Semester

5 Ways To Jump Back Into The Semester

Don't drag your feet through the rest of spring semester, get some motivation to finish off strong.

23
5 Ways To Jump Back Into The Semester

It seems like spring break just began, and yet, this coming Monday we will be back to classes again. Honestly, second semester is the worst. OK, it is not the worst thing in the whole world. But we all get that feeling towards the second half of second semester, dragging your feet, trying to motivate yourself to actually get out of bed and to class. It's tough, a lot tougher than it sounds. We're all just warn out. While spring break is a nice little vacation, it is surely not enough to sustain us through the next eight weeks. So to make it a little easier, I've created a list of things you can do to try and motivate yourself to hop right back into school and take off, full speed.

1. Think of this as a completely new beginning.

Try to imagine that this is actually the beginning of the semester and act like you're not already sick of your professors. This is going to take a lot of brain power, which we're all running out of thanks to all of our work, but a new outlook can help to motivate you at least a little.

2. Don't spread yourself too thin.

By this point in the semester, you will know if you've committed to way too much. If you get less than six hours of sleep on a nightly basis because of your countless obligations, it is time to reevaluate. Step back, prioritize and as sucky as it sounds, eliminate some things. If that means working a few hours less a week, or skipping a couple club meetings, the deed has to be done. We are all trying to graduate with our sanity still intact.

3. Make time to relax.

School can be hectic and potentially overwhelming when combined with work and all of the extracurricular activities you are probably involved in. Set aside a chunk of time that will be dedicated to simply doing what you enjoy to do. Whether that is reading or watching Netflix, it can be anything that you find to be soothing! You have to have small breaks because you will tire yourself out way to quickly if you force yourself to work nonstop. This can also be a great way to reward yourself! For example, if I get this done, I can relax for half an hour.

4. Browse social media.

It sounds dumb, but sitting in one spot working on the same essay for hours on end can't be good for your brain. Look through your feed every once in awhile (not every five minutes). This is also a good way to keep human contact after you've locked yourself away to focus and be productive. A little break here and there helps to keep you motivated!

5. Use the weekends to teach your soul.

LA is full of so much culture and there is so much to explore. Using your "relax time" to enrich yourself allows you to be productive and learn while still having a great time.